Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mput is not working in ftp script Post 302086866 by psarava on Monday 28th of August 2006 07:26:37 AM
Old 08-28-2006
try using the command "prompt" after "cd" and before "mput" line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

FTP limits - mput *

I am trying to upload via FTP 11,000 files in a Solaris 8 system. I am using Windows 2000 and its FTP client to upload the files. The command used is mput *.jpg.When the quantity of files reaches 10,000 the upload aborts. Is this problem related with the FTP client ? If yes, another FTP client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waldecy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

hi I have made d below ftp script but the last part of script ie. moving the files after transfer (to a location in the source server only) is not working for me. Can anybody pls..help.in same..!!! ####################################################### #!/bin/sh ftp -n 10.209.13.11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in shell script is not working

Hi All, I have writtern a shell script which has a sql query. I want to send the results of sql query to a shared area over a network.I also want to log the errors in a log file if the text file is not sent to shared area. The results of sql query are spooled in TEMPFILE. LOGFILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsachin
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep and pipe to mput ftp

I am ptting the following into an FTOP script. date=`TZ="aaa24" date +'%Y%m%d'` # this gets Yesterday date . . . . mput < 'l | grep $Vdate' # the idea to grep a listing from a directory that has yesterday date in its file name then put it in the remote FTP server. How can I get it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raouf@comcast.n
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix FTP Script connecting through proxy Not working

Hi All, can some one please help me to solve this issue, its urgent:confused: We need to FTP a file form our Unix server to an external client FTP location. I am trying to connect to the proxy server first and then use the below USER comment to connect to the external FTP server, and its working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesusJoseph
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone, sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according to it. I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp where I want to upload a pdf created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: le_mae
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus, I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same. # Perform FTP echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi , Hi , seems in my code '\' is ignoring in user id and considering DB_SVCGPRUAT as a ID and failing to connect to the FTP server. my complete ID 'BD\SVCGPRUAT', how to rectify this error. #!/bin/bash myuser='"BD\_SVCGPRUAT" { BD is domain } mypass='Welcome$123'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi, I have one FTP script which simply sends the file to target server via netrc.it used to work as normal for years.recently target server IP got changed , same has been updated in .netrc but unable to connect it via FTP though netwrk guys already opened the port 21,20 and 22 . NETRC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
7 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)