Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: string parser
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting string parser Post 302086742 by flextronics on Sunday 27th of August 2006 09:57:15 AM
Old 08-27-2006
string parser

It seems you have assumed all lines have 4 words seperated by :
but there may be less than 4 or more than 4.

Then how to traverse in particular line till new line character.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command line parser

hey peeps i need to allow a user to input a line and then my job is to separate that line into tokens and print out what each command is. my question here is, if eg: 'ls > aifle' is entered as the input line, you would separate it and get three tokens: token 1 would be 'ls', token 2 '>' and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mile1982
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Parser

I am having a text file as follows say server.txt Date Time server ip error code -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 02/21/2008 18:10:14 server1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 02/21/2008 08:10:14 server2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with an (easy) parser

Hello, i'm workig with a file with structural information about biological macromolecules (proteins etc). In a certain file, the info is structured like this @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE blah 1 blah 2 blah 3 @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE foo 1 foo 2 foo 3 @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE mmm 1 mmm 2 mmm 3 I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a text parser

i need a simple text parser which can parse a data file created by a softwre so that i can export it to my mysqldb,, datafile created as one record per line with different number of fields. e.g datafile contains following. a=1, b=3, c=4 a=1, c=55, d=abcd a=5, b=hello, c=99, d=help now i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaizan
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parser with sed

Hi, I have this variable: <a href="http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20100916/video-calamares-rellenos-salsa-pimientos-garbanzos-16-09-10/878586.shtml">V�deo: Calamares rellenos con salsa de pimientos y ...</a> I would like to have: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
7 Replies

6. Programming

Parser

Hi Everyone I have an out put of multiple lines which I would like to parse and retrieve certain info from it. The output consists of multiple sections that starts with the line Client: and ends with STL tag: each section separated by an empty line. So basically somehting like Client: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan1
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Parser

Hi need help parsing a file. I have tag fields and values in a file with delimiter |. sample records from the file listed below 8=value|9=value|35=value|49=value|56=value|34=value|50=value|48=value|10=value 8=value|9=value|35=value|49=value|56=value|34=value|51=value|48=value|10=value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subramanian
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Parser

Hi, I have been assigned a task to migrate few thousands of sql scripts to a different db format. there could be sub queries and complex joins. there would be functions that needs to be replaced from a given list to another values. this should also parse the sub\inline queries. Can you please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parser

Hi All, I am trying to create a parser to find out what cobol programs are being called by which JCL's. I need to search recursively until the main cobol program is found being called by a JCL. I tried to create a script but I am not able to generalize it. Can someone please help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Making a parser

input 1..100km 112..403km 500..623km required output 1..51 112..162 500..550 (i.e 50kms added to the initial distance) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
2 Replies
uuencode(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       uuencode(4)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by consist of a header line followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The command ignores any lines preceding the header or following the trailer (see uuencode(1)). Lines preceding a header must not look like a header. The header line consists of the word followed by a space, a mode (in octal), another space, and a string which specifies the name of the remote file. The body consists of a number of lines, each containing 62 or fewer characters (including trailing new-line). These lines consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, which represents an integer. This integer is the number of bytes in the rest of the line, and always ranges from 0 to 63. The byte count can be determined by subtracting the equivalent octal value of an ASCII space charac- ter (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printable. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra meaningless data will be included, if necessary, to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of the word on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
mail(1), uuencode(1), uucp(1). uuencode(4)