Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL and shell scripts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL and shell scripts Post 302086445 by Amruta Pitkar on Thursday 24th of August 2006 02:48:08 AM
Old 08-24-2006
Why empty variables when executing SQL statements ?

Hi there

I have modified the above code to

Code:
#####Connecting sqlplus to check the connectivity
sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF>/dev/null
connect ${DB_LOGIN}/${DB_PASSWORD}@${DB_NAME}
cat /home/ampi/EnablementProject/MyWorkSpace/emails/$FILENAME | while read LINE
do
    echo ${LINE}
    acctno=`echo $LINE | cut -f1 -d','`
    echo $acctno
    salutation=`echo $LINE | cut -f2 -d','`
    name=`echo $LINE | cut -f3 -d','`
    billdate=`echo $LINE | cut -f4 -d','`
    totaldue=`echo $LINE | cut -f5 -d','`
    billdeductiondate=`echo $LINE | cut -f6 -d','`
    billduedate=`echo $LINE | cut -f7 -d','`
    templatecode=`echo $LINE | cut -f8 -d','`
    billid=`echo $LINE | cut -f9 -d','`
    emailid=`echo $LINE | cut -f10 -d','`
    brnno=`echo $LINE | cut -f11 -d','`
    billsummaryid=`echo $LINE | cut -f12 -d','`
    batchno=`echo $LINE | cut -f13 -d','`
    emailfile=`echo $LINE | cut -f16 -d','`
    echo "Insert into table"
    spool ${SYS_TEMP_DIR}/${JOB_ID}_db_sql.log
    INSERT INTO SendMailDetails (acctno) values ('${acctno}');
    echo "Table Appended"
done
commit;
spool off;
exit;
EOF

The do..while loop when executed without the SQL statement reads the input filecorrectly and also stores values into the variables. but when I include SQL statements in the loop...no values are read ...Variables are blank...why ?

Amruta Pitkar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with GDL to SQL scripts

Hi to everyone, i want ask if someone knows about a script/program to convert the .gdl (Interbase) to .sql scripts. I wrote a little script to make it but it's very very simple, and the triggers and some code from .gdl are so difficult to me. If somebody could help me, I would very thankful. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch4r1e5
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL scripts through Shell Script

Oracle and Scripting gurus, I need some help with this script... I am trying to add the query SELECT * FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'METADATA' in the current script.... Read the result set and look for the TABLE_NAME field. If the field is pointing to one table eg.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQL Scripts from Shell script - Need insight!

I've a script that fetches various values from the database as below: #! /bin/ksh $conn="user/pwd@service_name" `sqlplus -s << $conn EOF1 @xyz.sql @pqr.sql @abc.sql EOF1` The output of the script should generate txt files containing the results from queries which are further... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible solution on sql calling scripts

hi all, i have a function which will take i/p as a ddl sctipt as i/p and execute it, let function execute_sql { db_var="$1" v_cnt=`sqlplus -s XXXXX/XXXXX@aXXX << ENDSQL | sed -e "s/Connected\.//" -e "/^$/d" set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off serveroutput on size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to execute many SQL scripts within a shell script

I am using HP-UX: I have written a ksh script where I need to connect to sqlplus and execute few sql scripts. Part of this code is - sqlplus user/temp1234 <<! set serverout on set feedback off set pages 1000 set colsep , set echo off spool /home/supp1/pks/output.csv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in SQL Loader scripts

Hi, I'm planning to load the data from FLAT files into tables. Source file: more input.txt LRNO|Bale|Horsepower|NumberOfBarges|BollardPull|NumberOfCars|GasCapacity|GrainCapacity|IndicatedHorsepower|LiquidCapacity|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3)