Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ksh problem in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ksh problem in script Post 302086391 by Perderabo on Wednesday 23rd of August 2006 03:08:56 PM
Old 08-23-2006
I don't get that error when I try your script. Make sure that you are running it correctly. That error will happen if the old bourne shell was to try to run this script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script and java problem

I have a problem with the execution of a ksh as deamon on linux. I explain you first the context. We have developped a Java program that execute every minutes an external (that we don't have developped) program with a config file in parameter. The Java program is runned as deamon with a perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian.mihai
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ksh script problem

This is a search script that I have developed. It finds the records that I look for. However the only thing I want the program to do now is to display a message such as 'Not Found' to appear when a record is not found. So far when a search doesn't display a record, the screen is blank. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warrior232
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with ksh script

Hi all, I have a directory have all of the .stat and .dat file : they are is a pipe separate flat file. Example: log-20061202.stat contain 1st line and last line of log-20061202.dat with record count of that day. Example: Total record = 240 Tom|02-12-2006|1600 W.Santa... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in ksh script ( String comparison )

hi , i am trying to compre two strings if ] or if ] when the length of var1 is small (around 300-400 char ) it works fine but when it is large (around 900-1000 chars) it fails is there any limitations for this type of comparison ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
3 Replies

5. AIX

Problem in ksh script ( String comparison )

hi , i am trying to compre two strings if ] or if ] when the length of var1 is small (around 300-400 char ) it works fine but when it is large (around 900-1000 chars) it fails is there any limitations for this type of comparison ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amarnath
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script sourcing problem (ksh)

I have a script "abc.sh" in /tmp which has exit 0 as its last line when I run this script from /tmp/xyz/def.sh script as . ../abc.sh then the script executes but the control doesn't return to def.sh script for subsequent commands in def.sh but if I invoke the abc.sh from inside the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script: ksh not found

Hello Guys, what is the significance of using #!/bin/sh at the start of shell script. my default shell is ksh, when i run my script i have ksh: not found error and when i use ./myscript it works. Can anyone explain me the problem please ? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun_u
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with KSH script using scalar variable

Hi Guys, I'm having a hard time bringing out my desired output from my korn shell script. This particular statement from my script its seems not working perl -ne 'print if $_ lt ${date1}' . My complete script as shown below. Please help. Code: #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorneri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read format problem in ksh script

I have ksh script reading file like while read -r line do echo $line sleep 1 #process_file $line done<$file_nm I want to write this line to another file after some manuplation.Put $line giving me line after changing line format(space removed).Please help me how can i read line by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandeep
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in Executing script in ksh

Hi, I am in ksh. below mentioned 3 commands I executed at command prompt & got the expected results. csh source csh_infa <special command> Now I have to do this in the script in ksh. I entered it as it is. #!/bin/ksh csh source csh_infa <special command> Now after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_kanak
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)