Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lame php question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lame php question Post 302086213 by Hitori on Wednesday 23rd of August 2006 02:10:09 AM
Old 08-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkihong
If the "send" you meant is by means of an HTTP/meta redirect, you may always try to save some array or even objects into session. However, certain types such as database handles are not serializable and thus cannot be put in session. Therefore, you need to open a connection to the database for each HTTP request in this case.
Try pconnect() (which means persistent connect). This function tries to pool connections and if there are some avail open connections it does not make new one each time but selects from the pool.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lame question

i have one stupid question... so please don't laught at me :-) actually i have linux on my pc, but i want to install a solaris... i heard that solaris is not free, but my friend said that there is a free solaris dostridution in gnu licence... is it real? if yes where can i get it? if no -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here ;) My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as: /the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage> /the/old/path/file2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Protocol Jokes (Lame)

I have a UDP joke but i don't know if you will get it: Also, I have a TCP joke and i know you will get it. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TUX servers
2 Replies
PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)							 1						       PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)

php_check_syntax - Check the PHP syntax of (and execute) the specified file

SYNOPSIS
bool php_check_syntax (string $filename, [string &$error_message]) DESCRIPTION
Performs a syntax (lint) check on the specified $filename testing for scripting errors. This is similar to using php -l from the commandline except that this function will execute (but not output) the checked $filename. For example, if a function is defined in $filename, this defined function will be available to the file that executed php_check_syntax(3), but output from $filename will be suppressed. Note For technical reasons, this function is deprecated and removed from PHP. Instead, use php -l somefile.php from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The name of the file being checked. o $error_message - If the $error_message parameter is used, it will contain the error message generated by the syntax check. $error_message is passed by reference. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the lint check passed, and FALSE if the link check failed or if $filename cannot be opened. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.0.5 | | | | | | | This function was removed from PHP. | | | | | 5.0.3 | | | | | | | Calling exit(3) after php_check_syntax(3) | | | resulted in a Segfault. | | | | | 5.0.1 | | | | | | | $error_message is passed by reference. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
php -l somefile.php The above example will output something similar to: PHP Parse error: unexpected T_STRING in /tmp/somefile.php on line 81 SEE ALSO
include(3), is_readable(3). PHP Documentation Group PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)