Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to master in unix kernels
Operating Systems Solaris to master in unix kernels Post 302086093 by gokulvasan on Tuesday 22nd of August 2006 06:26:32 AM
Old 08-22-2006
to master in unix kernels

i have right now doin my solaris 10 certification course but in this they dont teach us kernel and internels so i decided to study and work on that on my own can u please help me to starting off and the books needed for that and the comp requirements

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating Kernels and video drivers in Redhat 8.0

Hi. I have a few "newbie" questions. This is a 2 part question which I was unable to find an answer. First, I have recently installed the kernel patch and video driver from Nvidia for my GeForce Ti 4800 video card for 3d on a fresh install of Redhat 8.0. I need to do all of the updates for Redhat.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Master Console

I was a sys admin on a HP3000. I was able to virtually move the console where ever I needed it for commands that had to be done at the master console. So I could be at home and perform some functions that you would usually have to do from the console. Now I am sys admin newbee on an AIX pseries.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernels and process

Hello to all this is my first que pls ans it What could happen if the Kernel would allow 2 processes 2 mount the same file system simultaneously at two mount points/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monisha_05
0 Replies

4. AIX

nim master

Hi, I want to know what are steps required to create nim master in aix? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. AIX

nim master

Hi, I want to know how to create nim master in AIX 5.3. Regards, Manoj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum Update and Kernels

I have a server running CentOS 5 and when yum update is run and a new kernel is installed and there are more then 3 kernels installed the oldest ones are removed. Anyway to achieve this with CentOS 4? Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lforum
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance with my one line command to find all inactive kernels

Hello Forum, I'm using the following command to find all inactive kernels installed on my RHEL server: $ rpm -qa | grep '^kernel-' |grep -vE `uname -r` but the result is in two lines: kernel-3.10.0-1062.1.1.el7.x86_64 kernel-3.10.0-1062.el7.x86_64 Is there a one line command I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)