Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error on compiling php for GD on SOLARIS 10 Post 302086053 by cbkihong on Tuesday 22nd of August 2006 12:03:35 AM
Old 08-22-2006
What about compiling with the bundled version of GD? You don't need to do anything. As GD is bundled, you just need to have the full PHP sources there, pass the "--with-gd" option to configure (or additional ones. Run "configure --help" for a list) then it should pick it up. Always remember to "gmake distclean". Forgetting to do so frequently causes mysterious compilation errors. You may need to remove your installed version of GD. It may probably cause problems.

I noticed from your logs that the linking command (that is failing) in the auto-generated Makefile does not include "-liconv", but your GD object apparently requires iconv, so there is this error. This probably indicates it is not compatible with PHP.

Are you sure GD is really not loaded in PHP? Did you restart your Apache? It should be linked into the PHP binary/libphp5.so instead of being a PHP extension.

Last edited by cbkihong; 08-22-2006 at 01:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get error while compiling apache with php module

hi, i'm compiling apache with php module after i finish compile mysql-4.0.0-alpha. i do it as the follow steps after untar'ed them in the same directory, 1) cd apache_1.3.22 ./configure 2) cd php-4.0.6 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jApHEth
2 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling in Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I'm trying to compile a shared library in Solaris running on x86. I get "void value not ignored as it ought to be" error when trying "make". But it compiles fine in Fedora. How can this happen? I think both are using the same type of compiler. What can I do to get around... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerb
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Compiling IRSSI on Solaris 10

How does one go aout compiling irssi locally on a fresh installation of Solaris 10, Out put from ./configure m command /download/1rss1-0.8.12 checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... no checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

compiling netsnmp on solaris 8

Hello all Currently I am trying to install net-snmp-5.5 on a V480 Solaris 8 machine however things are hardly going smooth. I'm running configure will the following options. ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mib-modules="smux ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/lmSensors host"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

6. Programming

Sun Solaris C++ Compiling Error

Hello. I'm using SunStudio 12 Update 1. When compiling for x86, everything works fine. When compiling for SPARC, I get the following errors. I linked libCstd.so.1 explicitly, but I get the same errors. Would anyone be kind enough to step me through resolving this? Thank you very much. **... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

Compiling php 5.3.3 on HP-UX 11.23

Hi, I'm trying to compile php 5.3.3 on HP 11.23 We've installed all the pre-requirements packages. Here is the configure: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php.5.3.3 --with-mysqli=mysqlnd --enable-libxml --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/libxml2-2.7 --disable-dom The configure has no problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yomtov
0 Replies

9. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error while starting Apache after compiling PHP and Curl

Hello, I am facing an issue while starting the apache server after compiling php and curl. Below are the versions i am using. php-5.2.17 httpd-2.2.17 curl-7.16.0 CentOS5.5x64 Compiling above packages without curl working very fine but when trying to compile php with curl below error is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
1 Replies
EXTENSION_LOADED(3)							 1						       EXTENSION_LOADED(3)

extension_loaded - Find out whether an extension is loaded

SYNOPSIS
bool extension_loaded (string $name) DESCRIPTION
Finds out whether the extension is loaded. PARAMETERS
o $name - The extension name. This parameter is case-insensitive. You can see the names of various extensions by using phpinfo(3) or if you're using the CGI or CLI version of PHP you can use the -m switch to list all available extensions: $ php -m [PHP Modules] xml tokenizer standard sockets session posix pcre overload mysql mbstring ctype [Zend Modules] RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the extension identified by $name is loaded, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 extension_loaded(3) example <?php if (!extension_loaded('gd')) { if (!dl('gd.so')) { exit; } } ?> SEE ALSO
get_loaded_extensions(3), get_extension_funcs(3), phpinfo(3), dl(3), function_exists(3). PHP Documentation Group EXTENSION_LOADED(3)