Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix/Solaris admin programs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix/Solaris admin programs Post 302085562 by pressy on Friday 18th of August 2006 07:15:29 AM
Old 08-18-2006
well, if there are already 400 solaris boxes it could be to late, but have you ever thought about LDAP or NIS/NIS+ ?

gP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris programs

Greetings, I have installed the Solaris 10 in my computer, this system is really interesting, and where I can find more free programs for download to install? Anyone knows? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FBorges22
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix programs

hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. I am in the process of learning unix. I have a problem installing a unix program. The program at question is Links. It is an internet browser. I have the INSTALL notes, but I'm not having much luck at all. Any ideas on how to install? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fissm
3 Replies

3. Solaris

where can I find programs for solaris?

I'm running Sun OS 5.9 and I need to find a place that has a precompiled version of the make command (I have no way of compiling software) and I would like to find a decent software repository, binaries are preferred but well maintained and easy to assemble (isn't lacking half a dozen dependencies... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech53
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris admin

Hey Friends, Actullay we have to create 200 users in my server as early as possible . I m not that much aware abt script writing. thier is any alternative ways for creation of users ? Thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
4 Replies

6. Solaris

I need some help from a Solaris admin

OK I have a Solaris 10 Sparc running on a SUN T3-1 and the scsi driver is missing for the drive the root is on so it won't boot. I need to know if the following procedure is what I need to do to add the driver to get the system back up and running? {0} ok boot -F failsafe # mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting Usage of Setuid Programs to the Admin User In MacOsx

This is a quote from the Apple security configuration (you can download it from Apple) " Using ACLs to Restrict Usage of Setuid Programs The ACL feature of Mac OS X can also be used to restrict the execution of setuid programs. Restricting the execution of setuid programs to administrators... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vera
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris admin

Need to have some basic question for Solaris 10 admin in interview (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vellai
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
niserror(1)							   User Commands						       niserror(1)

NAME
niserror - display NIS+ error messages SYNOPSIS
niserror error-num DESCRIPTION
niserror prints the NIS+ error associated with status value error-num on the standard output. It is used by shell scripts to translate NIS+ error numbers that are returned into text messages. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using niserror The following example prints the error associated with the error number 20: example% niserror 20 Not Found, no such name ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nis_error(3NSL), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 niserror(1)