Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date input
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers date input Post 302085555 by blowtorch on Friday 18th of August 2006 06:48:34 AM
Old 08-18-2006
Hi,
Why don't you try using the search feature on the site? This question has been asked before. Try searching for terms such as 'date validation'.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

user input date

I am trying write a script that takes user input date in the format "Mar 18". If it is march1 it is like "Mar 1" . Once i take this input i will go back to my log files and search for any failed transactions recorded that day. If there are then i will send it to a file and mail it. I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date range between 2 date input

Hi Experts, I have files name report_20090416 report_20090417 report_20090418 report_20090420 report_20090421 I have 2 input from user From Date: 20090417 To Date: 20090420 and I need to grep only those line in between. Output should be report_20090417 report_20090418... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accepting input date

I how do i accept a input date in script which is lesser than a specified day? ex: to accept a date less than or equal to 100 days(from today).?:( Thanks for the help in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input date on script

How can I allow users to change the date and time in a script? Say the user1 wil login and he will be inputting the desired date (example format below). I will need this script so the user can login and change the date anytime during the day. I will not allow him to use any command except the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get yesterdays Date for Input Date

Hi, I have been trying to get the yesterdays date for the Input date I pass. I know how to do for the current timestamp but how to do for the input date. Is there any way I can convert to epoch time and do manipulations and back to human readable date? Please help Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Date to mm/dd/yy

Hi, I am new to unix and I am doing following steps : 1. Ask user to enter date in mm-dd-yyyy format. 2. show the date user entered from step #1 . 3. convert user enter date into YYYY/MM/DD format. Here is the script I am using echo "Please enter the date in mm-dd-yyyy format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeroHedge
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Date as Input

Below is my Scenario. I wrote one script to search the specific log files for Yesterdays date and gives the result. I need a script like 1. Once I run the Script, The script should ask me which date I want to search. 2. Once i enter the date, That script should search the log files for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get previous date for the given input date..

hi all, need a script or command to get the previous date for the given input date... like in my script i will pass date as input parameter like 2014-12-01 and i want the output as previous date.. ie.. 2014-11-30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date Input :-

I have Below Input :- X1=03 ### Hour Y1=20160405 ## Date Z1=3 ## I want to Back 3 Hour Output List=03 02 01 Y1=20160405 Input:- X1=02 ### Hour Y1=20160405 ## Date Z1=4 ## I want to Back 4 Hour Output:- List=02 01 24 23 Y1=20160404 ### Date Will Change (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
13 Replies
NOTMUCH-DUMP(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   NOTMUCH-DUMP(1)

NAME
notmuch-dump - Creates a plain-text dump of the tags of each message. SYNOPSIS
notmuch dump [ <filename> ] [--] [ <search-term>...] DESCRIPTION
Dump tags for messages matching the given search terms. Output is to the given filename, if any, or to stdout. Note that using the filename argument is deprecated. These tags are the only data in the notmuch database that can't be recreated from the messages themselves. The output of notmuch dump is therefore the only critical thing to backup (and much more friendly to incremental backup than the native database files.) With no search terms, a dump of all messages in the database will be generated. A "--" argument instructs notmuch that the remaining argu- ments are search terms. See notmuch-search-terms(7) for details of the supported syntax for <search-terms>. SEE ALSO
notmuch(1), notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-reply(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch-search(1), notmuch-search-terms(7), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH-DUMP(1)