Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enhanced tcpdump is needed
Special Forums IP Networking enhanced tcpdump is needed Post 302085427 by Hitori on Thursday 17th of August 2006 08:38:45 AM
Old 08-17-2006
We need to determine what (or who) makes problems with throughput on the server. And what influence have changes in tc configuration on this.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C2 or enhanced security

We are using c2 / enhanced security on digital unix. I do not have access to the GUI. I need to get information on login status for users. Specifically I would like to know who has not logged in within the last 6 months. I think I can query the edauth files, but I can't find information on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Enhanced Password Authentication

Hello; I am moving a customer from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 2.8. The customer has requested the following two requirements also be implemented: 1. Lock a user account out for X number of days after 3 unsuccessful login attempts. 2. No reuse of the last 5-10 passwords. Also referred to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Are there many UNIX server security enhanced products?

for sco, hp, or AIX...... anyway, how can I secure the UNIX system. I knew that CA has it's products for securing the UNIX server system. Please tell me more about other vender, and their products thxs! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brookwk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

enhanced substitution

Dear I have a problem on which I turn araound since hours. Hope you could help me. I have a bash script, which activates with "nohup ./script2 params & " several subscripts. In my main script, I have set lot's of variables, which I would pass into script 2. My idea is now to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pramach
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convergent Enhanced Ethernet

Hi. I guess this my dummy question is for super-gurus. I'm on Red Hat' documentation regarding their RDMA capabilities over "convergent" Ethernet network. I read everything that I could find on inet, wikipedia etc. about the technology itself. I can't figure out, how can I determine if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
0 Replies

6. AIX

Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG

Hi All, I am going to perform some activity in 2Node HA Server(Active/Passive). For that i have to do some pre-requsite (ie., Resource Group VG's should be Enhanced-Concurrent) In my setup, we have two volume groups in one RG. In that one VG is Normal and another is Enhance Concurrent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Enhanced Forum Features for VIP Members

Dear All, Thank you for your support. As promised I have upgrade features for unix.com forum VIP members as follows: Who's Online Permissions Can View IP Addresses Can View Detailed Location Info for Users Can View Detailed Location Info of Users Who Visit Bad / No Permission... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
SETXKBMAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SETXKBMAP(1)

NAME
setxkbmap - set the keyboard using the X Keyboard Extension SYNOPSIS
setxkbmap [ args ] [ layout [ variant [ option ... ] ] ] DESCRIPTION
The setxkbmap command maps the keyboard to use the layout determined by the options specified on the command line. An XKB keymap is constructed from a number of components which are compiled only as needed. The source for all of the components can be found in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb. OPTIONS
-help Prints a message describing the valid input to setxkbmap. -compat name Specifies the name of the compatibility map component used to construct a keyboard layout. -config file Specifies the name of an XKB configuration file which describes the keyboard to be used. -display display Specifies the display to be updated with the new keyboard layout. -geometry name Specifies the name of the geometry component used to construct a keyboard layout. -keymap name Specifies the name of the keymap description used to construct a keyboard layout. -layout name Specifies the name of the layout used to determine the components which make up the keyboard description. Only one layout may be specified on the command line. -model name Specifies the name of the keyboard model used to determine the components which make up the keyboard description. Only one model may be specified on the command line. -option name Specifies the name of an option to determine the components which make up the keyboard description; multiple options may be speci- fied, one per -option flag. Note that setxkbmap summarize options specified in the command line with options was set before (saved in root window properties). If you want only specified options will be set use the -option flag with an empty argument first. -print With this option the setxkbmap just prints component names in a format acceptable by an xkbcomp (an XKB keymap compiler) and exits. The option can be used for tests instead of a verbose option and in case when one need to run both the setxkbmap and the xkbcomp in chain (see below). -rules file Specifies the name of the rules file used to resolve the request layout and model to a set of component names. -symbols name Specifies the name of the symbols component used to construct a keyboard layout. -synch Force synchronization for X requests. -types name Specifies the name of the types component used to construct a keyboard layout. -variant name Specifies which variant of the keyboard layout should be used to determine the components which make up the keyboard description. Only one variant may be specified on the command line. USING WITH xkbcomp If you have an Xserver and a client shell running on different computers and XKB configuration files sets on those machines are different you can get problems specifying a keyboard map by model, layout, options names. The thing is the setxkbcomp converts these names to names of XKB configuration files according to files that are on the client side computer. Then it sends the file names to the server where the xkbcomp has to compose a complete keyboard map using files which the server has. Thus if the sets of files differ significantly the names that the setxkbmap generates can be unacceptable on the server side. You can solve this problem running the xkbcomp on the client side too. With the -print option setxkbmap just prints the files names in an appropriate format to its stdout and this output can be piped directly to the xkbcomp input. For example, a command setxkbmap us -print | xkbcomp - $DISPLAY makes both step on the same (client) machine and loads a keyboard map into the server. FILES
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb XFree86 Version 4.7.0 SETXKBMAP(1)