Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting very unusual question about while Post 302085146 by nathan on Tuesday 15th of August 2006 12:01:26 PM
Old 08-15-2006
Also, you could see if your system has 'usleep'.
Code:
USLEEP(1)                                                            USLEEP(1)

NAME
       usleep - sleep some number of microseconds

SYNOPSIS
       usleep [number]

DESCRIPTION
       usleep sleeps some number of microseconds.  The default is 1.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O Net I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
1 Replies

2. Programming

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk specify Unusual Delimiter

# echo "size(JFJF" | awk -F"size(" '{print $1}' awk: fatal: Unmatched ( or \(: /size(/ the delimiter is "size(" but i'm not sure if awk is the best tool to use to specify it. i have tried: # echo "size(JFJF" | awk -F"size\(" '{print $1}' awk: warning: escape sequence `\(' treated as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unusual problem with cp command

I have made a simple script to zip a file then first copy it to a specific directory using cp command then move it to another directory. Files are getting generated at regular intervals in the dir. /one/two/three/four/. I have entry of my script in cron to run after every 2 min. #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Unusual system bog down

Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC 16cpus 128MB, uptime 150+ days, 2 db zones (Oracle 9 & 10), 3 application zones. This is from a system that was literally crawling, 60 seconds to execute a single command. I had to reboot to clear it. Data is from runs of prstat and top, and iostat. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual output of sed

i have a sed command that is looking for the workds OK, WARNING and CRITICAL and add html color to those words. e.g: echo $CONSUMABLE |$SED s/OK./\<span\ style\=\"background-color\:green\;font-weight\:bold\;\"\>OK\<\\\/span\>/g the output breaks every so often and changes my output as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adispi
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script unusual behavior

Hello, I have noticed some unusual behavior while running the script. when i use below script it gives output 355.23 #!/bin/bash ONEDAY=`date +%Y%m%d --date="1 days ago"` cat /opt/occ/var/performance/counters_`date -d "1 day ago" +%Y%m%d`*|grep "Gy,Gy-Gy-CCR"|awk -F"," '{print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies
USLEEP(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 USLEEP(3)

NAME
usleep -- suspend execution for interval of microseconds LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int usleep(useconds_t microseconds); DESCRIPTION
The usleep() function suspends execution of the calling process until either the number of microseconds specified by microseconds have elapsed or a signal is delivered to the calling process and its action is to invoke a signal catching function or to terminate the process. The suspension time may be longer than requested due to the scheduling of other activity by the system. The microseconds argument must be less than 1,000,000. If the value of microseconds is 0, then the call has no effect. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, usleep() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The usleep() function may fail if: [EINVAL] The microseconds interval specified 1,000,000 or more microseconds. SEE ALSO
nanosleep(2), sleep(3) STANDARDS
The usleep() function conforms to X/Open Portability Guide Issue 4, Version 2 (``XPG4.2''). It later appeared in the POSIX standard, but in IEEE Std 1003.1-2004 (``POSIX.1'') it was marked as legacy and the use of nanosleep(2) was recommended instead. The IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1'') revision removed usleep() from the specification. HISTORY
The usleep() function appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD