Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: activity on a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting activity on a file Post 302084772 by Terrible on Sunday 13th of August 2006 08:10:55 PM
Old 08-13-2006
thanks a million
Terrible

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. Linux

Recording X or VNC Activity to a Video File?

I have the need to record some step by step instructions to help with instruction in using Fedora Core 3. I was wondering if there are any ways to capture X or VNC activity to a video file. It can be any of the most common formats (MPEG, DiVX/ViDX, Ogg Theora, etc...) Does anyone know of any apps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging all console activity to a file - how?

Hi all, Well I've had a bit more experience with Unix-like environments since my last post, now that I have started working on my website in earnest and am doing much of the file manipulation via the command line through SSH. The thing is, I want to be able to log all console activity,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Activity

One of my user always complains about the load on the server, he works in a different location & time zone. Is it possible to check the CPU activity during specific time/days? let us say for example, i want to check the load on the server at 9 pm to 10 PM on August 22th ? Not the current load.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
2 Replies

5. AIX

System activity

Hi, I want to find program's file read,write for a particular time.For example i am executing an application called test1, this will get input from some parameter files(file1,file2,file3) and it will write to some files(file4,file5), so i want to execute one program which will capture these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanadurai_it
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification Activity

Actually i am working on datastage and my operating system is Unix So I want a script in UNIX env for intimating the datastage log at the time of job abort. Can you please help me out .. Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
2 Replies
FOX(1)							      General Commands Manual							    FOX(1)

NAME
fox - ab-initio structure determination from diffraction data SYNOPSIS
fox [options] [file.xml] DESCRIPTION
The fox (Free Objects for Crystallography) program was made for the ab initio crystal structure solution from diffraction data. Its most interesting features for ab initio structure determination are: * versatile description of the crystal contents; * automatic correction for special positions and shared atoms between polyhedra; * the ability to use simultaneously multiple powder patterns; * smart global optimization algorithms; * a graphical interface with a 3D crystal structure view and live updates during the optimization process. OPTIONS
This program my be executed with or without command line options or input file (file.xml). It follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the fox wiki http://objcryst.sourceforge.net/Fox/Manual --help Show summary of options. --loadfouriergrd map.grd Load and display 'map.grd' fourier map with (first) crystal structure --loadfourierdsn6 map.DN6 Load and display a DSN6 fourier map with (first) crystal structure --nogui Run without GUI, automatically launches optimization --nogui may be accompanied by the following options: -n 10000 Run for 10000 trials at most (default: 1000000) --nbrun 5 Do 5 runs, randomizing before each run (default: 1), use -1 to run indefinitely -o out.xml Output in 'out.xml' --randomize Randomize initial configuration --silent Produce (almost) no text output --finalcost 0.15 Run optimization until cost < 0.15 --cif2pattern 1.5406 170 5000 .1 Simulate pattern for input crystal, wavelength=1.5406 up to 170o with 500 points anda peak width of 0.1o EXAMPLES
Fox silicon.xml Load file 'silicon.xml' and launch GUI. Fox Cimetidine-powder.xml --nogui --randomize -n 1000000 -o best.xml Load file 'ktartrate.xml', randomize, then make 1 optimization of 1 million trials, and save the best structure in 'best.xml'. Fox Cimetidine-powder.xml --nogui --randomize -n 10000000 --nbrun 10 -o best.xml Load file 'Cimetidine-powder.xml', then make 10 runs (starting from a random structure) of 10 million trials (each run saves one xml file), and save the best structure in 'best.xml'. Fox Cimetidine-powder.xml --nogui --silent --randomize -n 10000000 --nbrun 10 --finalcost 200000 -o best.xml Load file 'Cimetidine-powder.xml', then make 10 silent runs of 10 million trials (each run saves one xml file), and save the best structure in 'best.xml'. For each run, the optimization stops if the cost goes below 200000. AUTHOR
fox was written by Vincent Favre-Nicolin <Vincent.Favre-Nicolin@cea.fr>. This manual page was written by Carlo Segre <segre@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 24, 2008 FOX(1)