Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris This application is eating up the CPU Post 302084625 by reborg on Friday 11th of August 2006 07:53:42 PM
Old 08-11-2006
if you do:
Code:
kill -QUIT <pid of java process>

You will get a thread dump for the process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosting Service Eating Space

Dear Group, I am not much used to UNIX. The company I am hosting wiht refuses to help me with this trouble, but as near as I can see, it is NOT my trouble. I have had this service for over a year. I just renewed for another year and all of a sudden the disk quota has been disappearing. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eating memory

Hello I run Gentoo Linux on my computer: Athlon XP 1700+ ~1,46 mhz 512 mb ram After a while, my computer works really slow, and when I cat /proc/meminfo, I see that I only have 8mb of 512 mb free! How is that possible? I dont run anything I can think of that eats that amount of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

swap space and cpu usage for an application

Hi, How do i get the swap space used and cpu usage for a particular application ? thanks una (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

4. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What are you eating ?

Hi, guys ! I was wondering... how many of you are vegetarians ? and why ? (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
31 Replies

6. Programming

Application occupying CPU resources

Dear all, I have a pro c application running in the unix environement. This pro c program actually trigger by a java application from sun workstation. Recently, when we released a new proc c application and notice that the application occupying the CPU resources even through we check that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghho
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] IF is eating my loops

Hi! Could someone explain me why the below code is printing the contents of IF block 5 times instead of 0? #!/bin/bash VAR1="something" VAR2="something" for((i=0;i<10;i++)) do if(($VAR1=~$VAR2)) then echo VAR1: $VAR1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
3 Replies

8. Programming

C++ application: how to access AIX process and cpu information?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk eating too much memory?

Hi all, using AWK iam sorting auniq data from a file the file size is 8GB, while running that script , the over all cpu usage will be nearly 8 how to avoid this ?? any other alternate is available for awk? Thanks in Advance Anish kumar.V (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
13 Replies

10. AIX

AIX core,cpu and application list

Hi All , I am trying to pull out below things from AIX machine (any type) 1. number of physical processor 2. number of logical processsors 3. Total number of processors (physical plus logical) 4. total number of cores 5. list of installed applications with versions and vendor name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
Tk_Main(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Main(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Main - main program for Tk-based applications SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Main(argc, argv, appInitProc) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of elements in argv. char *argv[] (in) Array of strings containing command-line arguments. Tcl_AppInitProc *appInitProc (in) Address of an application-specific initialization procedure. The value for this argument is usually Tcl_AppInit. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_Main acts as the main program for most Tk-based applications. Starting with Tk 4.0 it is not called main anymore because it is part of the Tk library and having a function main in a library (particularly a shared library) causes problems on many systems. Having main in the Tk library would also make it hard to use Tk in C++ programs, since C++ programs must have special C++ main functions. Normally each application contains a small main function that does nothing but invoke Tk_Main. Tk_Main then does all the work of creating and running a wish-like application. When it is has finished its own initialization, but before it processes commands, Tk_Main calls the procedure given by the appInitProc argument. This procedure provides a "hook" for the application to perform its own initialization, such as defining application-specific commands. The procedure must have an interface that matches the type Tcl_AppInitProc: typedef int Tcl_AppInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); AppInitProc is almost always a pointer to Tcl_AppInit; for more details on this procedure, see the documentation for Tcl_AppInit. KEYWORDS
application-specific initialization, command-line arguments, main program Tk 4.0 Tk_Main(3)