Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX NIM backup with Firewall
Operating Systems AIX AIX NIM backup with Firewall Post 302084349 by lt0001us on Thursday 10th of August 2006 02:06:21 PM
Old 08-10-2006
hello,
last place i worked we setup a NIM server in the DMZ and added NIC cards in for each DMZ zone. thus avoiding comprimizing any firewalls.

hth....

lt0001us

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to backup and restore Linux uisng NIM.

Hi Friends, I've a hard question to ask. I have a NIM server running on AIX 5.3. Now my requirement is that , " From This NIM Server i would like to take the Image of Linux servers ". I mean that using NIM server i should be able to backup / restore the linux Servers. In Simple terms... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
3 Replies

2. AIX

help with NIM backup error

Hello all.... I am trying to backup a client from the NIM master. While doing so, I get this error: backup: 0511-089 can not open /tmp/6282.mnt0/<hostname>_mksysb_<date> 0042-001 m_mkbosi: processing error encountered on client 0042-001 m_mkbosi: processing error encountered on master... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
0 Replies

3. AIX

backup NIM client

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about this procedure to backup a client to my nim master 1.-I got a cron that make a mksysb from x machine 2.-This mksysb I send by ftp to my nim master. 3.-When I got it in the nim master machine. I create a mksysb resource from this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. AIX

How will do migration through NIM server in AIX

Can any one help..... How will do migration through NIM server? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

5. AIX

Single file restore from NIM backup

Hi, I've recently implemented a NIM backup procedure for 2 virtual AIX5.3 environments running on a JS22 blade server. The images transfer to an old p620 box connected to some old SSA storage, each server backs up a mksysb and a savevg image. Now seeing as this method should be replacing our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinboyslim
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5L nim mksysb command

Hi All, Please excuse the possibly naive question but I'm trying to clone/install a new AIX 5.3 LPAR on a p570 from a mksysb image file using nim. Has anyone done this before and if so, what would the exact command look like? Does it even remotely resemble something like nim -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: combustables
1 Replies

7. AIX

Migrating a NIM Server to AIX 6.1

Guys, We are planning to upgrade one of our NIM server to AIX 6.1 from 5.3... Since the server itself is a NIM Server we can't perform it via NIM & I'm choosing to do CD install.. The Install method would be Upgrade installation. Is there anything special that I need to consider before... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX NIM installation

Could you please let me know, if it is possible to have NIM server running on one volume group and other applications like oracle running on other volume group. Do we need to have a dedicated server for only AIX NIM server?. I am new to AIX and planning to install NIM server on a test server. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
3 Replies

9. AIX

sysback with aix over NIM

HELLO ALL i have installed aix 6.2 , and install sysback 6.1 over Nim , and cinfigure it by Nim AND sysback smitty menu with create spot and lppsource and make TSM configration for that, i take image backup(installation image) successfully but when i want to restore this image , the boot cycle... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nancy_ghawanmeh
5 Replies

10. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies
AN(4)                                                      BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                      AN(4)

NAME
an -- Aironet Communications 4500/4800 wireless network adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device an device wlan Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_an_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The an driver provides support for Aironet Communications 4500 and 4800 wireless network adapters and variants, including the following: o Aironet Communications 4500 and 4800 series o Cisco Aironet 340 and 350 series o Xircom Wireless Ethernet Adapter Support for these devices include the ISA, PCI and PCMCIA varieties. The Aironet 4500 series adapters operate at 1 and 2Mbps while the Aironet 4800 series and Cisco adapters can operate at 1, 2, 5.5 and 11Mbps. The ISA, PCI and PCMCIA devices are all based on the same core PCMCIA modules and all have the same programming interface, however unlike the Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE cards, the ISA and PCI cards appear to the host as normal ISA and PCI devices and do not require any PCCARD support. The PCMCIA Aironet cards require PC Card support, including the kernel pccard(4) driver. ISA cards can either be configured to use ISA Plug and Play or to use a particular I/O address and IRQ by properly setting the DIP switches on the board. (The default switch setting is for Plug and Play.) The an driver has Plug and Play support and will work in either configuration, however when using a hard-wired I/O address and IRQ, the driver configuration and the NIC's switch settings must agree. PCI cards require no switch settings of any kind and will be automatically probed and attached. All host/device interaction with the Aironet cards is via programmed I/O. The Aironet devices support 802.11 and 802.3 frames, power manage- ment, BSS (infrastructure) and IBSS (ad-hoc) operation modes. The an driver encapsulates all IP and ARP traffic as 802.11 frames, however it can receive either 802.11 or 802.3 frames. Transmit speed is selectable between 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 11Mbps or "auto" (the NIC automati- cally chooses the best speed). By default, the an driver configures the Aironet card for infrastructure operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
an%d: init failed The Aironet card failed to become ready after an initialization command was issued. an%d: failed to allocate %d bytes on NIC The driver was unable to allocate memory for transmit frames in the NIC's on-board RAM. an%d: device timeout The Aironet card failed to generate an interrupt to acknowledge a transmit command. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), wlan(4), ancontrol(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The an device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The an driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>. BSD July 16, 2005 BSD