Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris This application is eating up the CPU Post 302084305 by izy100 on Thursday 10th of August 2006 10:36:27 AM
Old 08-10-2006
1st you have to verify your claim that it is eating a lot of CPU.

Can you do these command and paste here?

vmstat 3 10
iostat -xntcz 3 10
/usr/ucb/ps aux | sort -nrk 3
/usr/ucb/ps aux | sort -nrk 4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosting Service Eating Space

Dear Group, I am not much used to UNIX. The company I am hosting wiht refuses to help me with this trouble, but as near as I can see, it is NOT my trouble. I have had this service for over a year. I just renewed for another year and all of a sudden the disk quota has been disappearing. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eating memory

Hello I run Gentoo Linux on my computer: Athlon XP 1700+ ~1,46 mhz 512 mb ram After a while, my computer works really slow, and when I cat /proc/meminfo, I see that I only have 8mb of 512 mb free! How is that possible? I dont run anything I can think of that eats that amount of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

swap space and cpu usage for an application

Hi, How do i get the swap space used and cpu usage for a particular application ? thanks una (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

4. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What are you eating ?

Hi, guys ! I was wondering... how many of you are vegetarians ? and why ? (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
31 Replies

6. Programming

Application occupying CPU resources

Dear all, I have a pro c application running in the unix environement. This pro c program actually trigger by a java application from sun workstation. Recently, when we released a new proc c application and notice that the application occupying the CPU resources even through we check that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghho
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] IF is eating my loops

Hi! Could someone explain me why the below code is printing the contents of IF block 5 times instead of 0? #!/bin/bash VAR1="something" VAR2="something" for((i=0;i<10;i++)) do if(($VAR1=~$VAR2)) then echo VAR1: $VAR1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
3 Replies

8. Programming

C++ application: how to access AIX process and cpu information?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk eating too much memory?

Hi all, using AWK iam sorting auniq data from a file the file size is 8GB, while running that script , the over all cpu usage will be nearly 8 how to avoid this ?? any other alternate is available for awk? Thanks in Advance Anish kumar.V (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
13 Replies

10. AIX

AIX core,cpu and application list

Hi All , I am trying to pull out below things from AIX machine (any type) 1. number of physical processor 2. number of logical processsors 3. Total number of processors (physical plus logical) 4. total number of cores 5. list of installed applications with versions and vendor name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
plot(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  plot(1B)

NAME
plot, aedplot, atoplot, bgplot, crtplot, dumbplot, gigiplot, hpplot, implot, plottoa, t300, t300s, t4013, t450, tek, vplot, hp7221plot - graphics filters for various plotters SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/plot [-Tterminal] DESCRIPTION
The plot utility reads plotting instructions (see plot(4B)) from the standard input and produces plotting instructions suitable for a par- ticular terminal on the standard output. If no terminal is specified, the environment variable TERM is used. The default terminal is tek. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Except for ver, the following terminal-types can be used with `lpr -g' (see lpr(1B)) to produce plotted output: 2648 | 2648a | h8 | hp2648 | hp2648a Hewlett Packard 2648 graphics terminal. hp7221 | hp7 | h7 | Hewlett Packard 7221 plotter. 300 DASI 300 or GSI terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300s | 300S DASI 300s terminal (Diablo mechanism). 450 DASI Hyterm 450 terminal (Diablo mechanism). 4013 Tektronix 4013 storage scope. 4014 | tek Tektronix 4014 and 4015 storage scope with Enhanced Graphics Module. (Use 4013 for Tektronix 4014 or 4015 without the Enhanced Graphics Module). aed AED 512 color graphics terminal. bgplot | bitgraph BBN bitgraph graphics terminal. crt Any crt terminal capable of running vi(1). dumb | un | unknown Dumb terminals without cursor addressing or line printers. gigi | vt125 DEC vt125 terminal. implot Imagen plotter. var Benson Varian printer-plotter ver Versatec D1200A printer-plotter. The output is scan-converted and suitable input to `lpr -v'. FILES
/usr/ucb/aedplot /usr/ucb/atoplot /usr/ucb/bgplot /usr/ucb/crtplot /usr/ucb/dumbplot /usr/ucb/gigiplot /usr/ucb/hp7221plot /usr/ucb/hpplot /usr/ucb/implot /usr/ucb/plot /usr/ucb/plottoa /usr/ucb/t300 /usr/ucb/t300s /usr/ucb/t4013 /usr/ucb/t450 /usr/ucb/tek /usr/ucb/vplot ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
graph(1), tplot(1), vi(1), lpr(1B), plot(4B), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 plot(1B)