Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strange problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strange problem Post 302084242 by blowtorch on Thursday 10th of August 2006 03:01:58 AM
Old 08-10-2006
Can you provide an example?
Code:
# pwd
/tmp
# 
#

This is where I actually pressed 'Enter' twice. Does the output look similar in your case?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange problem.Please Help !

I¡¯m a network operator, mine is an IBM PC server 320, operating system SCO unix 3.2v4.2, triton 3.1 of Baan. Recently, my server went dead every a few hours, no sign & signal shows malfunction suddenly. It looks like a sudden power failure, but the indicator of main power supply is on. Normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyhsm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Problem

I did an installation of Redhat 7.1 and it seem to install smoothly. I go and reboot and I get the following message: "INIT: Id "x" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minutes" The screen flashes 4 times every 10 seconds or so. I can't seem to figure why this does this. It might be a simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forjohnny
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange...problem

Hi.. Some of my application were not running properly due to lack of virtual memory.....so wht i did add one free harddisk as swap file system...and increased the swap memory.. But since than my root file system is showing 100% full thr is no space left...is thr any link between these two..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

4. Linux

very strange problem

I have installed Fedora Core on a Toshiba Satellite Pro4600 laptop recently I have experienced a rather mysterious problem if I touch anything specially the keyboard or mouse I see this stuff “67yujhnmyyy” straight away some time it won't stop for while like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemobyte
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem.

Well, my script started off to do what i wanted. Now, i think its not recognizing the pattern so its not moving anything. What i have to do is execute my script command for the move to take effect. So i did that and yayy it worked. Strange thing is that my DESTDIR was empty to begin with.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange rlogin problem

Hi, in my environment we have several server with rlogin passwordless login enabled, now there is a problem to setup this with a hpux server. i have check the .rhosts file and kerberos key are all setup properly and permission is correct, even other user id on the server can login without... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Problem

Hi All, I am encountering an unexpected problem while running my process, using daemon placed in /etc/init.d/. I have a process that is opening shared library using dlopen. When I run my process on the command line, it is able to open the library. But when I used daemon to run my process, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty-1
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange problem with samba

windowsxp:192.168.0.11 fedora14:192.168.0.12, running smb server I have disabled selinux. user list of fedora14: jone (wihch is created when install fedora14, with password 'jone') jone2 (which is added by hand, with password 'jone2') I added jone and jone2 as samba users using 'smbpasswd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vistastar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange problem

hello all, i am having problem in accessing a directory.I dont think its a permission issue.can anyone help me out. I am using korn sell code: $ ls -ltr sc* lrwxrwxrwx 1 essbase essbase 21 Oct 8 2010 sc_ssp -> /work/nfs/nas2/sc_ssp $ cd sc_ssp ksh: sc_ssp: not found $ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
6 Replies
trap(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           trap(1)

NAME
trap, onintr - shell built-in functions to respond to (hardware) signals SYNOPSIS
sh trap [ argument n [n2...]] csh onintr [-| label] ksh *trap [ arg sig [ sig2...]] DESCRIPTION
sh The trap command argument is to be read and executed when the shell receives numeric or symbolic signal(s) (n). (Note: argument is scanned once when the trap is set and once when the trap is taken.) Trap commands are executed in order of signal number or corresponding symbolic names. Any attempt to set a trap on a signal that was ignored on entry to the current shell is ineffective. An attempt to trap on signal 11 (memory fault) produces an error. If argument is absent all trap(s) n are reset to their original values. If argument is the null string this signal is ignored by the shell and by the commands it invokes. If n is 0 the command argument is executed on exit from the shell. The trap command with no arguments prints a list of commands associated with each signal number. csh onintr controls the action of the shell on interrupts. With no arguments, onintr restores the default action of the shell on interrupts. (The shell terminates shell scripts and returns to the terminal command input level). With the - argument, the shell ignores all inter- rupts. With a label argument, the shell executes a goto label when an interrupt is received or a child process terminates because it was interrupted. ksh trap uses arg as a command to be read and executed when the shell receives signal(s) sig. (Note that arg is scanned once when the trap is set and once when the trap is taken.) Each sig can be given as a number or as the name of the signal. trap commands are executed in order of signal number. Any attempt to set a trap on a signal that was ignored on entry to the current shell is ineffective. If arg is omitted or is -, then the trap(s) for each sig are reset to their original values. If arg is the null (the empty string, e.g., "" ) string then this signal is ignored by the shell and by the commands it invokes. If sig is ERR then arg will be executed whenever a command has a non- zero exit status. If sig is DEBUG then arg will be executed after each command. If sig is 0 or EXIT for a trap set outside any function then the command arg is executed on exit from the shell. The trap command with no arguments prints a list of commands associated with each signal number. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 23 Oct 1994 trap(1)