Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk conditional statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk conditional statement Post 302083844 by mukundranjan on Tuesday 8th of August 2006 06:09:35 AM
Old 08-08-2006
Hi friend,

I have written below 2 line of code,
1. create a file with of diffrent value that we will use for testing.
2. Cat that file and check for the second parameter if it is greater than 30 then it will print 30. else it will print 00. You can put any value in place of other parameter.

Code:
1.  for((i=0;i<60;i++)); do echo "HH:$i:XX:YY:ZZ" >> tmp.txt; done
2. cat tmp.txt | awk -F":" '{ if($2<30) printf("%s:00:%s:%s:%s\n",$1,$3,$4,$5);} { if($2>30) printf("%s:30:%s:%s:%s\n",$1,$3,$4,$5);} '

Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

quoting in conditional statement

can somebody help, what quote i should use in below statement or what wrong of it ? the 1st (*) is a char, the 2nd and 3rd (*) is a wildcard if ] && ] && ] ................^ .............^ then echo "ok" fi thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi Does Unix have a conditional statement like Java as follows: Condition ? Statement1 : Statement2 Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi all, The following code is to find if a list of numbers from one file are within the range in another file. awk -F, '\ BEGIN { while ((getline < "file2") > 0) file2=$3 } {for (col1 in file2) if ($0>=30 && $1<=45) print $0} ' FILE1 But where I have the number 30 and 45, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if conditional statement

Hi, I have a script like this: sample.sh mapping=$1 if then echo "program passed" fi I'm running the above script as ./sample.sh pass The script is not getting executed and says "integer expression expected" Could anyone kindly help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional statement in bash

I want to combine 2 conditional statements by using -o in bash, but it won't work. if ; then echo "The number needs to be between 0 and $nr" fi Each time i execute the file it says: ./selectCitaat: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `$1' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc.arne
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional statement issue

I have a file like this i want to filter out records whose date is greater than '2010-11-20'. I have written this code like this... cat /etl/ruby/purge/output/PurgeCLC15.DSINT.sort_inptnt_otptnt_prequalify.ruby.dat | awk '{ substr($0,12,10) == '2010-11-20' print substr($0,12,10) }' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: issaq84mohd
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Shell Statement

I want to add a conditional statement to a user's .profile file. I have a certain number of users that log in and use the rksh (Restricted Korn Shell). When they log in, it starts a certain program and when they exit this program, the system logs them out. When they are in this program, they can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjulich
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

conditional statement

I need to implement something like this. 1) search for a file(say *.doc) from a path (say /home/user/temp) 2) if file found & if file size > 0 : yes --> file valid else : print file not valid. I am trying to implement something like this, but seems i am terribly wrong somewhere.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement in awk

Hi all, I have a file containing the values that would be use as the basis for printing the lines of another set of files using awk. What I want to do is something like the one below: stdev.txt 0.21 0.42 0.32 0.25 0.15 file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt ..filen.txt 0.45 0.23 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

10. Programming

Getting error at conditional statement.

Hi experts, I am doing an exercise which has the following requirements. Charlie will bite your finger exactly 50% of the time. First, write a function isBitten() that returns TRUE with 50% probability, and FALSE otherwise To generate a webpage that displays "Charlie bit your finger!" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navneet_das_123
1 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)