Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LCD, only 22 lines?
Operating Systems SCO LCD, only 22 lines? Post 302083669 by waywardfool on Monday 7th of August 2006 03:17:10 PM
Old 08-07-2006
I got it fixed, and figured to post here in case anybody runs into this. It was an older unix box with an older video card, replaced with new (GeForce MX4000 PCI) and it works fine now.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

7 segement LCD unix clock

Hi, Anyone ever write a unix clock program that display the clock out in 7 segment LCD style. I tried doing one with case statements: !/usr/bin/ksh clock=`date` case $clock in #This prints out the number 0 0) echo " -" echo "| |" echo echo "| |" echo " -" ;; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
4 Replies

2. Solaris

DELL LCD monitor falls asleep

after sometime and will not wake up until we reboot the system. It is a DELL 24" LCD connected to a sunblade 1500. my power.conf file is set like this: # more /etc/power.conf # Copyright (c) 1996 - 2001 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. # All rights reserved. # #pragma ident ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Help configuring Flat LCD Monitor

:confused: Hi there! I just purchased and hooked up to my Sun Blade 1000 running SunOs 5.9, a 20.1-in flat panel LCD monitor. I rebooted the system and the input signal to the monitor was fine at boot up until it started X-win, then the following message was displayed: Video Input 2 D-SUB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcshungu
6 Replies

4. AIX

LCD codes on a P570

Anyone out there know what the LCD code 0569 means. I have a list of codes but 569 is not on it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Webin cannot lcd

Hi all, I am using a ubuntu 9.4 server as ftps server. We have scripts that transfer files to our customers and it is scheduled by a cron job via webmin 1.510. Here is a sample of my script psftp user@hostname lcd /FolderA/Outgoing cd FolderREm mput * When I run a cron job manually the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marko75
0 Replies
NV(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     NV(4)

NAME
nv - NVIDIA video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "nv" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
nv is an XFree86 driver for NVIDIA video cards. The driver supports 2D acceleration and provides support for the following framebuffer depths: 8, 15, 16 (except Riva128) and 24. All visual types are supported for depth 8, TrueColor and DirectColor visuals are supported for the other depths with the exception of the Riva128 which only supports TrueColor in the higher depths. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The nv driver supports PCI, PCI-Express and AGP video cards based on the following NVIDIA chips: RIVA 128 NV3 RIVA TNT NV4 RIVA TNT2 NV5 GeForce 256, QUADRO NV10 GeForce2, QUADRO2 NV11 & NV15 GeForce3, QUADRO DCC NV20 nForce, nForce2 NV1A, NV1F GeForce4, QUADRO4 NV17, NV18, NV25, NV28 GeForce FX, QUADRO FX NV30, NV31, NV34, NV35, NV36, NV37, NV38 GeForce 6XXX NV40, NV41, NV43, NV44, NV45, C51 GeForce 7XXX G70, G71, G72, G73 CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver auto-detects the chipset type and the amount of video memory present for all chips. The following driver Options are supported: Option "HWCursor" "boolean" Enable or disable the HW cursor. Default: on. Option "NoAccel" "boolean" Disable or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled. Option "UseFBDev" "boolean" Enable or disable use of an OS-specific fb interface (and is not supported on all OSs). See fbdevhw(4) for further information. Default: off. Option "CrtcNumber" "integer" Many graphics cards with NVIDIA chips have two video outputs. The driver attempts to autodetect which one the monitor is connected to. In the case that autodetection picks the wrong one, this option may be used to force usage of a particular output. The options are "0" or "1". Default: autodetected. Option "FlatPanel" "boolean" The driver usually can autodetect the presence of a digital flat panel. In the case that this fails, this option can be used to force the driver to treat the attached device as a digital flat panel. With this driver, a digital flat panel will work only if it was POSTed by the BIOS, that is, the computer must have booted to the panel. If you have a dual head card you may also need to set the option CrtcNumber described above. Default: autodetected. Option "FPDither" "boolean" Many digital flat panels (particularly ones on laptops) have only 6 bits per component color resolution. This option tells the driver to dither from 8 bits per component to 6 before the flat panel truncates it. Default: off. Option "FPScale" "boolean" Supported only on GeForce4 and newer chips, this option tells to the driver to scale lower resolutions up to the flat panel's native resolution. Default: on. Option "Rotate" "CW" Option "Rotate" "CCW" Rotate the display clockwise or counterclockwise. This mode is unaccelerated. Default: no rotation. Note: The Resize and Rotate extension will be disabled if the Rotate option is used. Option "ShadowFB" "boolean" Enable or disable use of the shadow framebuffer layer. Default: off. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), XF86Config(5), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Authors include: David McKay, Jarno Paananen, Chas Inman, Dave Schmenk, Mark Vojkovich XFree86 Version 4.7.0 NV(4)