Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error creating executables
Top Forums Programming Error creating executables Post 302083566 by chetan2309 on Monday 7th of August 2006 02:42:59 AM
Old 08-07-2006
where should i run this command in my main folder or i have to first set the variables

please put some detailed light on this
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot create executables

I am trying to install PROFTPD-1.2.7 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 Server with a gcc-2.95.2 installed the VOLS files from http://www.caldera.com/skunkware. The problem I am having is when I try to run ./configure in the proftpd directory I get this error: # ./configure checking build system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
6 Replies

2. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching executables datewise

I want to search executable files after a particular time and date , i.e. in a folder if a file has been accessed,modified or changed after a particular date and time ,then that file should be listed , and current date and time should be stored in a file so that when i again run the script ,it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
6 Replies

5. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

6. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Makefile with multiple executables

I am trying to create executables for the following files Currently, I am making 9 different directories for for each. I would like to make 1 directory but everytime I try it does not work. CROSS_COMPILE?= # CROSS_COMPILE used to = arm-arago-linux-gnueabi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile with multiple executables

CROSS_COMPILE?= LIBDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/lib INCDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/include BINDIR?=../../bin CFLAGS+= -Wall -I$(INCDIR_APP_LOADER) -D__DEBUG -O2 -mtune=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -std=gnu99 LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBDIR_APP_LOADER) -lprussdrv -lpthread OBJDIR=obj... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)