Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX or LINUX?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl UNIX or LINUX? Post 302083363 by tayyabq8 on Saturday 5th of August 2006 09:03:34 AM
Old 08-05-2006
What is the full form of ALICE acronym?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX VS. Linux

Aahhhh!! I am so much frustrated trying to recover my superuser account. I need help!!! Please can anyone tell me how to recover a the root account? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pnoi_blitz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux is Unix???

Could anyone explain if Linux is Unix? I'm a newbie here, just installed Oracle 8i on Redhat 7.2. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prettyman
4 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

What is unix and is linux a unix system

Unix is the name of an operating system. And unix is a registered trademark. This is what makes things murky. One of my favorite books is The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System. That book is out of print, but a newer book is available: The Design and Implementation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Linux

UNIX and LINUX

Hey there, new to the forum :) Im currently at university studying UNIX, but i need some help. Can someone help me out with operational / technical differences between the two? Even if You just give me some topics i can go research them... much appreciated Josh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiwi_bloke
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to LINUX

quick question that may bring long answers :) I am currently looking into porting an existing Recital system from Unix to Linux. possibly not a good idea :) Basically; Would i be better shooting myself in the foot now? or do you know if there would be a fair expense due to buying Linux and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kuz972
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on linux

hi all, i have a linux operating system...can i practice unix commands on linux system....there is any changes in the commands.....can any one post some meterial.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhu_msinus@ya
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix vs Linux

why would one choose unix over linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lizzy
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
NMBSTATUS(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      NMBSTATUS(1)

NAME
nmbstatus - Lists NMB node status of a UDP network SYNOPSIS
nmbstatus [options] Options: --workgroup --pdc --bdc --lmb --dmb --members --quiet --allworkgroups --winsserver --print0 --debug --help --man GENERAL OPTIONS
--help Print a brief help message and exits.Prints a help message. --man Print the manual page and exit. --print0 Use '' instead of a tab stop as seperator between the output. --debug Use an debuglevel. No debuglevel available yet. GENERAL ARGUMENTS
--workgroup Perform all actions on this workgroup name. If no workgroup is set the information off all available groups is shown. --pdc If not called in conjunction with --quiet print a line starting with the acronym PDC followed by the seperator and the netbios name of the PDC if one is available. If not print nothing and return with 1. --bdc If not called in conjunction with --quiet print a line starting with the acronym BDC followed by the seperator and the netbios name of the BDC if one is available. If not print nothing and return with 1. --dmb If not called in conjunction with --quiet print a line starting with the acronym DMB followed by the seperator and the netbios name of the DMB if one is available. If not print nothing and return with 1. --lmb If not called in conjunction with --quiet print a line starting with the acronym LMB followed by the seperator and the netbios name of the LMB if one is available. If not print nothing and return with 1. --members If not called in conjunction with --quiet print a line starting with the word MEMBERS followed by the seperator and the netbios names of the workgroup members. If not print nothing and return with 1. --quiet Don't print any information. Just return with 0 if a type - pdc, lmb, dmb, or members was found. Else return 1. --allworkgroups List all available workgroups. --winsserver Use this WINS server to gather the information. DESCRIPTION
nmbstatus will detect workgroups, PDCs, BDCs, DMBs, LMBs, and Members of workgroups in your network. If more than one type is specizied but only one result found, nmbstatus nevertheless returns 0. AUTHOR
Lars Mueller <lmuelle@suse.de> If you find any errors in the code please let me know. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2004 SuSE Linux AG. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 339: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 341: '=item' outside of any '=over' perl v5.12.1 2009-01-02 NMBSTATUS(1)