Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell access
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell access Post 302083203 by CerialPhreak on Friday 4th of August 2006 04:07:57 PM
Old 08-04-2006
Yeah, Ive been doing that at work... I should have asked if anyone has done anything similar and would be willing to give me a few pointers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Access

Hi, i would like to put my shell on a server, but it said internal server error, i think the script is totally wrong. Can somebody please give me a simple script with post data as Thanks TH (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: turbohacker
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell variable access

Hi I want to do the following: 1. Create a number of Gloabla varibale "ROUTE_IP_xx" based on a counter. As xx sould be from 1-10. ie ROUTE_IP_1 ROUTE_IP_2 . . ROUTE_IP_10 2. I want to initalize all of these variable to 0.0.0.0 ie ROUTE_IP_1='0.0.0.0' 3. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabina
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell access, please help!

Hello, i am new to unix. I have a new dedicated server, and i am using SSH to shell to it. it seems i have the option in my plesk control to give certain levels of shell access to a user. Can you please tell me what the following mean: /bin/sh /bin/bash /sbin/nologin /bin/ash /bin/bsh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genzai
4 Replies

4. AIX

Find all users with shell access

Hi, how do I find all users currently setup with shell access. Thanks in advance. Gav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LionFeen
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Webmail access using shell scripting

Hi all, Is it possible that I can access a webmail inbox using unix shell scripting? If that is possible, can you please give me some tips so that i can proceed further? Thanks, Geetha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

access db2 from shell script

How to connect to db2 through shell script using cygwin? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyat
0 Replies

7. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Shell - Remote access

Hi all; I'm looking for free access to the Solaris operating system. I have no way to install at home (even on a virtual machine). I been developing BOINC project (OProject@Home: site: oproject.goldbach.pl). I would like to compile and test programs on Solaris. Can someone provide a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rysiu
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

No shell access to sftp user

I have created two users on our ftp server. They will use sftp to connect this server. But I do not want them to give direct ssh access. If I give /bin/false shell, sftp will not work. If I give /bin/nologin, it fails with below messages # sftp trdeo@bd01.xxx.com Connecting to bd01.xxx.com...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

10. Programming

How to access a C function from a shell script?

Hi, I'm new to shell programming. And I'm having issues with accessing a C file with shell. Given a C code which contains functions and Lets say each function contains a multiplication instruction. So I need to extract the size of the operands (a,b) of each multiplication instruction in bits. How... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner_99
3 Replies
PTYPE(3)						 MBK UTILITY STRUCTURE DEFINITIONS						  PTYPE(3)

NAME
ptype - mbk list of typed pointers DESCRIPTION
The ptype is used to save typed pointers in a list. The use of this structure is strongly recommanded, when such a need occurs. It is the case in the USER field of all mbk layout and netlist objects, where data specific to different proccessing may be accessed through this unique field. It is the charge of the user to give its pointers a type that will not collide with existing types. The declarations needed to work on ptype are available in the header file "/labo/include/mut315.h", where '315' is the actual mbk version. The following C structure describes the list of typed pointers : typedef struct ptype { struct ptype *NEXT; void *DATA; long TYPE; } ptype_list; NEXT Pointer to the next ptype of the list. DATA Generic pointer that may point where the user wants to. TYPE Identifier of the user of the pointed data. One shall not access someone else ptype since it doesn't know what's in it. This means also that a ptype user should free the space taken by its datas since it is the only one to know how to do it. Remark 1: a specialized memory allocator has been built in order to create and free ptype_lists, so absolutly avoid to create or free them an other way than through the access functions. Remark 2: Now a day, three tools are known to use the USER field of some mbk structures : VTIPARSER the parser of vti physical format '.cp' files uses the phcon(3) USER field. LOFIGCHAIN the lofigchain function constructs a dual representation of the netlist in the USER field of the losig(3) structure. PLACEABOX Genlib's physical placement functions, in order to have model sizes in instances. It uses the phins(3) USER field. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), addptype(3), freeptype(3), getptype(3), delptype(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 PTYPE(3)