Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combine to flat files which are there in remote server ? Post 302083045 by Dhruva on Friday 4th of August 2006 04:12:39 AM
Old 08-04-2006
As in your first post you said you need to combine two flat files residing at remote host.that can be done with this script
Code:
#this script login to remote server and execute the command there the log file will be
#session_output
( echo "user"
  sleep 2
  echo "password"
  sleep 2
  echo "cd /dir_path"
  sleep 2
  echo "cat test11.txt test12.txt>>try.txt"
  sleep 2
  echo "logout"
) | telnet ip_address > session_output

Do you need to ftp also??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get specified number of files from remote server

Hi All, I need to get a specified number of files from a remote server. The remote server has a huge number of files to the tune of more than 200000. If I use scp or rsync to transfer files using the wildcard "*", am getting the error "arg list too long" So, I would like to know if i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umavmishra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to remote server

I am trying to copy code to remote server, doing something like this However it is copying one file and than the script exits i=0; j=0 while read fn; do dir=${fn%/*} # Gets directory path fnm=${fn##*/} # Gets filename excl. path rgx_nwk="s/${nwk}/${nwk}.sac/g" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Tarring files to remote server

Hi, I need to tar some files in a directory to a remote server. I need to exclude some file from this directory and then tar it over. This is the command suggested by one article (tarring in the same server) : tar -zcvf /tmp/mybackup.tar.gz -X exclude.txt /home/me However it does not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
BOS_PRUNE(8)						       AFS Command Reference						      BOS_PRUNE(8)

NAME
bos_prune - Removes obsolete files from /usr/lib/openafs and /var/log/openafs SYNOPSIS
bos prune -server <machine name> [-bak] [-old] [-core] [-all] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos p -s <machine name> [-b] [-o] [-co] [-a] [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos prune command removes files from the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, as specified by one or more of the following flags provided on the command line: o The -bak flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. o The -old flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. o The -core flag removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. o The -all flag removes all three types of files at once. (If none of these flags are included, the command appears to succeed, but removes no files at all.) To display the timestamp on the current, ".BAK", and ".OLD" versions of one or more files, use the bos getdate command. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine from which to remove files. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -bak Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -old Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -core Removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -all Combines the effect of the -bak, -old, and -core flags. Do not combine this flag with any of those three. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "fs3.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD" extension. % bos prune -server fs3.abc.com -bak -old The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "db2.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD" extension, and all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. % bos prune -server db2.abc.com -all PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos prune command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_PRUNE(8)