Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in modifying the prompt Post 302082390 by mahatma on Tuesday 1st of August 2006 10:56:55 PM
Old 08-01-2006
Hmm, I cannot see anything mentioned in that link wrt color!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can someone help me with modifying this file

Hi, I have a file which has data kind of like this. Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10a sendmail: m3DDKSx3006432: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKSoK006433: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKcSo006442: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a variable value

Hi all, how do i modify a variable's value. var1='abcd efgh ijkl mnop abcd' how do i get var2 from var1 var2=$(......) $echo var2 abcd efgh ijkl mnop i.e. i have removed a duplicate occurence. or in general how to modify a varible. thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying rows

Hi, I have a file that looks something like this (2 columns 4 rows): eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -45 rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -24 ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt -29 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu -23 How do I get it to look like this: -45... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying a line

Hi, I am having trouble modifying this line. It is because there is a space that I dont know how to deal with. So the file looks like this >YM4911-Contig4 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >YM4915-Contig5 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM There are two spaces between contig#... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying a file?

Hi, I want to convert a file that looks like this >joe XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >man BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSS to something that looks like this (where the spacing is tab seperated) joe XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX man BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSS I am able to do the reverse but the other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying headers

I have a FASTA file with thousands of sequences that looks something like this: I need to modfy the header in such way that everything after the dot is remove. Thus, I will end up with something like this: Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the .bashrc

I have modified the .bashrc. The problem is that when I write a long command, it does not write on the next line but continues to write on the same line. # ~/.bashrc: executed by bash(1) for non-login shells. # see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files (in the package bash-doc) # for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with modifying a filename

Hello, I have a filename that looks like this: ABC_96_20141031_041133.232468 I need to shorten only the "_2014" part of the filename to simply "_14" so the filename looks like: ABC_96_141031_041133.232468 I have to do a search for this string because there are hundreds of files and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
17 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)