Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running shell scripts from web browser Post 302082036 by System Shock on Sunday 30th of July 2006 04:31:59 PM
Old 07-30-2006
You can make a form and just like any other cgi script, put the script in your web server's cgi bin and point the form to it.
Something like:
Code:
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://mywebserver.com/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi">
<P><FONT COLOR="#ddd20f" FACE="Trebuchet MS"><B>Enter data to pass to script below </B></FONT><BR>
<INPUT NAME="NAME" TYPE="text" SIZE="25" VALUE="enter your data here"><BR>
</FONT</P>
<P>
<center><INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Send">
</center>
</p>
</FORM>

This is actually part of a working form that I use at work, just changed the names of the webserver and the script. While the script ends in .cgi, myscript.cgi is actually a korn shell script. This form passes the variable NAME to the script

Last edited by System Shock; 07-30-2006 at 05:42 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron running shell scripts.

What are the rules of calling shell scripts in cron. How do I go about setting up the correct PATHS that calls a script, which then calls another sub script all of which has to retain the orginal PATHS and VARS that I've set up in first script Confused.. ok Well Cron calls a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfoxwell
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running shell scripts on a remote server

Hi - I am running Mac OS X (Terminal) at my current workstation, and I would like to telnet to my local server to run a shell script. The local server is a Solaris machine (don't know the version or the type of Unix being run on it, sorry.) The problem I have is that when I create a #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepintheshort
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running vendor shell scripts

Does anyone run a lot of SH (shell script) commands from vendors. i.e... product installations. And do you edit/change as a rule of thumb? I done a lot of product installs and some tend to think we should edit/change a vendors SH script. I am just looking for your thoughts. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Javagate
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script thru WEB page ....

....passing variable via list... here 's the HTML code extract : **************** <form method=post action=http://servername/cgi-bin/cgi-comptage_diff.ksh> <table border...........> .............. </table> <table bgcolor=#FFFFFF width="980"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix shell scripts for running on solaris

am new to programmming any body suggest , how to execute, shell script interactively and like stream line edit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini_ibmadmin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing shell scripts in a browser

Hi all Im a newbie in shell scripting, i found it joyous creating simple adminitrative scripts, like adding users, modify and delete, remote sw install etc, now i want to intergrate my scripts to make a simple administrative tool, how do i access the scripts via a browser is it possible?? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefinah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic running of Shell scripts

Hi, I have this problem of merging 2 shell scripts and run it one after the other. For eg: script A runs to give OutputA. This OutputA should become the input of script B which will run to give OuputB. Now this has to happen automatically i.e, script A and script B should run consecutively one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vindhyaauri
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts from command

I have written a few shellscripts to run a videogame (starcraft) at different patched versions. For example bw113 runs the 1.13 version of the game. These works perfectly when I run them from command line (./bw113). However I cannot get it to work via mouseclick. Some Information: - I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordsloth
5 Replies
HOBBITCGI.CFG(5)						File Formats Manual						  HOBBITCGI.CFG(5)

NAME
hobbitcgi.cfg - Command-line parameters for the Xymon CGI tools SYNOPSIS
$BBHOME/etc/hobbitcgi.cfg DESCRIPTION
hobbitcgi.cfg(1) controls the commandline options passed to all of the Xymon CGI tools through their respective shell-script wrappers. Typ- ically the options listed here are used for system-wide configuration of the CGI utilities, e.g. to define where they read configuration files. The exact set of commandline options available are described in the man-page for each of the CGI utilities. The file is "sourced" into the shell script wrapper, so assignments to the CGI-specific variables must follow standard shell-script syntax. SETTINGS
CGI_ACKINFO_OPTS Options for the hobbit-ackinfo.cgi(1) utility. CGI_ACK_OPTS Options for the bb-ack.cgi(1) utility. CGI_CSVINFO_OPTS Options for the bb-csvinfo.cgi(1) utility. CGI_DATEPAGE_OPTS Options for the bb-datepage.cgi(1) utility. CGI_ENADIS_OPTS Options for the hobbit-enadis.cgi(8) utility. CGI_EVENTLOG_OPTS Options for the bb-eventlog.cgi(1) utility. CGI_FINDHOST_OPTS Options for the bb-findhost.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HIST_OPTS Options for the bb-hist.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HOBBITCOLUMN_OPTS Xymon-specific options for column documentation. This uses the bb-csvinfo.cgi(1) utility with the server/etc/columndoc.cfg configu- ration file. CGI_HOBBITCONFREPORT_OPTS Options for the hobbit-confreport.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HOBBITGRAPH_OPTS Options for the hobbitgraph.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HOSTGRAPHS_OPTS Options for the hobbit-hostgraphs.cgi(1) utility. CGI_NKEDIT_OPTS Options for the hobbit-nkedit.cgi(1) utility. CGI_NKVIEW_OPTS Options for the hobbit-nkview.cgi(1) utility. CGI_REPLOG_OPTS Options for the bb-replog.cgi(1) utility. CGI_REP_OPTS Options for the bb-rep.cgi(1) utility. CGI_SNAPSHOT_OPTS Options for the bb-snapshot.cgi(1) utility. CGI_SVCHIST_OPTS Options for the hobbitsvc.cgi(1) utility when used to view historical logs. Note that the "--historical" option must be included in this setting. CGI_SVC_OPTS Options for the hobbitsvc.cgi(1) utility. SEE ALSO
xymon(7), the individual CGI utility man-pages. Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBITCGI.CFG(5)