Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users copy files with diresctory hirarchy Post 302081962 by muru on Saturday 29th of July 2006 08:46:19 AM
Old 07-29-2006
copy files with diresctory hirarchy

I have a directory x and in that I have x.cpp and a directory named Y

and in y I have y.cpp and so on. and some other files too in those directories.

How can I copy only *.cpp files in whole x directory hirarchy to a different location with the same hirarchy?

I mean the whole x directory hirarchy with all *.cpp files and sub-directory names need to be copied to different location.

Any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files

Hi, Under the home directory, I want to search for all the *.xml files and move them all into another folder under home. Is it possbile using a single find command . Regards, Chirayu Sutaria (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirayus
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy all files except one

How can I copy all the files in a given directory except one. cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaceship
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy only new files or files of a different size

hello i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize. all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log) is this possible with the cp command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnoldg
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy all files

how i can copy all files " select all " in one step t try command cp -t (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files

Hi Team, I am unable to copy the files, when i run the below script, i am getting error as file not present, not sure what i am missing. # File to be looked upon File_Pattern='*.zip' TMP_FILE=flagfile Check=`find $Directorypath -name $File_Pattern -type f -newer $TMP_FILE -print |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy all files together

Hi imagine that i have some data files like: test.20150902 test.20150903 test.20150904 i would like to create one single file automatically (like cat test.20150902 test20150903 > output) in order to copy all files togheter with a time order. Thanks! Regards Please use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
cpio(5) 							File Formats Manual							   cpio(5)

Name
       cpio - format of cpio archive

Description
       The header structure, when the option of is not used, is:
       struct {
		  short   h_magic,
			  h_dev;
		  ushort  h_ino,
			  h_mode,
			  h_uid,
			  h_gid;
		  short   h_nlink,
			  h_rdev
			  h_mtime[2],
			  h_namesize,
			  h_filesize[2]'
		  char	  h_name[h_namesize rounded to word];
       } Hdr;
       When the option is used, the header information is described by:
       sscanf(Chdr,"%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%11lo%6o%11lo%s",
	     &Hdr.h_magic, &Hdr.h_dev, &Hdr.h_ino, &Hdr.h_mode,
	     &Hdr.h_uid, &Hdr.h_gid, &Hdr.h_nlink, &Hdr.h_rdev,
	     &Longtime, &Hdr.h_namesize,&Longfile,Hdr.h_name);
       The  Longtime  and  Longfile  are equivalent to Hdr.h_mtime and Hdr.h_filesize, respectively.  The contents of each file are recorded in an
       element of the array of varying length structures, archive, together with other items describing the file.  Every instance of h_magic  con-
       tains  the constant 070707 (octal).  The items h_dev through h_mtime have meanings explained in The length of the null-terminated path name
       h_name, including the null byte, is given by h_namesize.

The last record of the archive always contains the name Special files, directories, and the trailer are recorded with h_filesize  equal	to
       zero.

See Also
       cpio(1), find(1), stat(2)

cpio(5)