Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to create ghost images of a Solaris system? Post 302081851 by reborg on Friday 28th of July 2006 07:10:09 AM
Old 07-28-2006
Look into using flash archives.

man flar, man flarcreate man flash_archine

Also search on http://docs.sun.com and/or http://www.sun.com/bigadmin for those strings

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8 images

I need a set of CD's for solaris 8 , but for THE PC. if someone could direct where to either download them or share them with me, that would be great. I need to repair a system here for legacy purposes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

4. Web Development

store images into databases or path to file system files ?

hi, I need a quick information about storing images into mysql databases. Is more convenient to store a path to the filesystem folder in which the images are stored, or is possible to directly store the images into my tables ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CD images

Hi all friends of the Forum, i want to ask you if someone would be so kind to provide me the links for Solaris 8 02/04 CD images.. (I can't find them in the Net, maybe my google-fu is weak) (Also i don't have an Oracle Solaris support contract so i can't download them from their site) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
0 Replies

6. Linux

Create partition in FFS images.

Hi, Firstly, I created a 50MB image using: dd if=/dev/zero of=./disk.img bs=1MiB count=48 Then I formatted it using: mkfs.ufs ./disk.img This worked correctly as stated by the output of: raphaelsc@debian:~/Desktop/FFS$ file disk.img disk.img: Unix Fast File system (little-endian)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raphaelsc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)