Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hello Gollum
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl Hello Gollum Post 302081821 by Gollum on Friday 28th of July 2006 03:01:37 AM
Old 07-28-2006
RE: Hello Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
How are you?
I'm doing fine thanks how are you?

NFDUMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 NFDUMP(8)

NAME
nfdump, nfload - notesfile dump/load programs SYNOPSIS
nfdump notesfile nfload [ -Ddirectory ] notesfile DESCRIPTION
Nfdump and nfload are used to convert notesfile data base formats. Nfdump converts the specified notesfile to a portable ASCII format and writes it to standard output. Some diagnostics are produced on stderr. Nfdump can be run by any user; access to a particular notesfile is governed by that notesfile's access list. Nfload is used on the output from nfdump to create a new notesfile. The -D option specifies an alternate base directory for the notesfile. If unspecified, this defaults to ``/usr/spool/notes''. Nfload reads standard input for the ASCII representation of the notesfile. Typical use of these two programs occurs when converting an existing notesfile data base to a new format. The nfdump program should be compiled with the older structure definitions while nfload is compiled with the newer structures. The data base can then be converted with a shell script of the following nature: mkdir .OLD mv * .OLD for i in `ls .OLD` do echo $i start nfdump $i | nfload -D/usr/spool/newnotes $i done echo $i done echo ALL DONE rm -rf .OLD This assumes that the old data base is in ``/usr/spool/notes'' and the new data base is to be placed in ``/usr/spool/newnotes''. After the conversion is complete, one can move the old data base from ``/usr/spool/notes'' to ``/usr/spool/oldformat'' and the new data base from ``/usr/spool/newnotes'' to ``/usr/spool/notes''. FILES
SEE ALSO
notes(1), The Notesfile Reference Manual AUTHORS
Ray Essick (uiucdcs!essick, essick%uiuc@csnet-relay.arpa) Department of Computer Science University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Urbana, IL Rob Kolstad (kolstad@convex.UUCP) CONVEX Computer Corporation Richardson, TX University of Illinois NFDUMP(8)