Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to write into an Excell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to write into an Excell Post 302081807 by arunkumar_mca on Friday 28th of July 2006 12:20:46 AM
Old 07-28-2006
HI,

First i am not Anil i am arun

second

if u are running a proc u can do as

inputfilename

select * from Accounts
go

instead of

inputfile name

exec yourproc
go

Thanks,
Arun.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write

hi buddies i want to write a awk script for the file like this: Aaj rootha huwa ek dost bahut yaad aaya, Achha guzra huwa kuch waqt bahut yaad aaya, Meri aankhon ke har ek ashq pe rone wala, Aaj jab aankh yeh royi to bahut yaad aaya, Jo mere dard ko seene mein chhupa leta thaa, Jo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAKSHMI NARAYAN
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From Ascii files to Excell

Hi, Is there anyway to copy a certain column from the Ascii file into a column on an Excel sheet? Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

5. Programming

Write-Write on a socket

Can anyone tell what happens if each end writes at the same time on the same socket ? - if one of them issues a read() after write() has completed, will it record into the buffer what the other sent ? ex. e1 writes to e2 - - - while - - - e2 writes to e1 (at the same time) e1 read () - what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gendaox
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL excell scripting

Hi, At the minute I am using a script to gather weekly SAR stats and put them into an excel scpreadsheet using perl. I then get that spreadsheet and manually add in a chart on a new worksheet, Can i add this step into the script? and if so how? here is the part of my script that creates the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bdoydie
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to write write multiple cronjobs in shellscript??

Hi All, I need the answer of below question? 1) How to write multiple cronjobs in shellscript? Is there any way or we cant write in shellscript... Regards, Priyanka (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimmean of Excell in awk

Anyone know how we can implement excel trimmean avg in Unix. possible by AWK Sample File scr1 100 scr1 2000 scr2 320 scr1 50 scr1 10 scr2 2 scr2 220 scr1 4234 scr2 2435 scr2 2 scr3 345 scr2 356 expected Output, which was using =trimmean(scr1 values, ignore 50% of values from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
8 Replies

9. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)