Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about perderabo's MIMETOOL script Post 302081774 by perssonc on Thursday 27th of July 2006 03:35:42 PM
Old 07-27-2006
Followup

A followup to this issue. The users considered it very minor and it was left unresolved for a year. I had to make a change to the oracle script creating the file to be emailed after some database changes for another application. I had to add the statement "set cursor_sharing=exact" to the sql, and it also resolved the problem of the unwanted characters.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Follow-up w/ Perderabo re: mimetool

This is a follow-up re: this thread As I mentioned, this script works very nicely, thanks again. However, the ASCII data of the 'attached file' also shows below the body of the email message. Do you know of a way to 'disable' the attached text from showing? Although the file is attached,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwperry
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh syntax explanation - from mimetool

Hi I got this part of the script from the mimetool by Perderabo. I have difficulty in decyphering the syntax specially lines 4,5 & 9. Also the test condition in line 3. Could someone help me on this please. -------------------------------------- pwentry=$(grep "^$(logname):" /etc/paswd)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question to a Perderabo script

Hi I tried this date script https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=16559#post16559 but I am probably doing something wrong. If i type: datecalc -a 2006 05 01 + 5 I get following error message: datecalc: Syntax error at line 207 If i look at line 207 i dont get it! But thats not surprising. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissman24
2 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

apologies to Perderabo

Sorry Perderabo, really was only asking advice on where best to post, and if I should post. Didn't intend for that missive to be posted. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Perderabo: Is that a common handle?

In an web based turn-based-strategy game I play (which until I am sure of the rules of this section of the forum, I'll not post a link to but is tiny and involves wars, warz even ;)), there is a player called Perderabo who has become rather powerful by the looks of things... Could this be one and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Question for Perderabo on date calc

Hi, First of all, thanks for all the awesome suggestions on this forum. This helps all the UNIX enthusiast like me. Now, I had a similar requirement as mentioned in a very old post here: Question about Perderabo's "Days Elapsed Between Two Dates" But I am struggling what to change in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CleoBos
5 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)