Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? Post 302081728 by RTM on Thursday 27th of July 2006 08:44:37 AM
Old 07-27-2006
Rsh will work - see the documentation

And read the rules of these forums - asking the same question multiple times is against the rules.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to remotely execute a script on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancleber
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ivancleber
1 Replies

3. Linux

execute a program remotely using putty

hi all. I have a small program on a debian server which i need to execute remotely from a windows machine using putty. when i use putty to execute the program it starts running , but when i close the session the program stops running on the debian server as well. Can anyone guide me how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script in different system

Hi, I have a shell script in systemA and another shell script in systemB. when I execute the script in systemA, it should call the another script in systemB. Please tell me the way to do this. Thanks, Raja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely Execute a script

Hi, What is the best way to remotely execute a script? Scenario: 1 Unix box creates a file and moves it to a 2nd unix box 2nd unix box must then move the file to a windows server How can i execute the ftp script on the 2nd server, I need to schedule the command to automate it!? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh execute command remotely

Hi all, Today I want to write a script to run the commands remotely. If I run the command as follows: ssh <user>@<ip> 'ls; pwd' it works fine. But when I want to use ssh to set view in clearcase, it will lose the response. as follows ssh <user>@<ip> 'cleartool setview <view_name>; pwd'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why i cannot execute remotely soffice with this new user ?

Hi, I would like to remotely execute soffice with different users on a remote machine. Basically I am connected to the machineA as user John. I would like to execute several soffice to the remote machineB. The remote machine B has different users R,S on the same group. I can launch remotely... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Robert2011
12 Replies

8. Solaris

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows? I having a shell script in my unix machine, need to execute the script remotely from my windows machine using Visual Basic or VBA macros. Thanks In Advance. --Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to execute the shell remotely

Hi All, I have a typical problem where I have HP unix and want to connect to Solaris 5.10 box and run a shell. I tried with multiple forums but it does not help. As per my analysis, there is no ssh in my machine and so i cant connect to solaris box,secondly ftp to the solaris server is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies
htdig(1)						      General Commands Manual							  htdig(1)

NAME
htpurge - remove unused odocuments from the database (general maintenance script) SYNOPSIS
htpurge [-][-a][-c configfile][-u][-v] DESCRIPTION
Htpurge functions to remove specified URLs from the databases as well as bad URLs, unretrieved URLs, obsolete documents, etc. It is recom- mended that htpurge be run after htdig to clean out any documents of this sort. OPTIONS - Take URL list from standard input (rather than specified with -u). Format of input file is one URL per line. -a Use alternate work files. Tells htpurge to append .work to database files, causing a second copy of the database to be built. This allows the original files to be used by htsearch during the run. -c configfile Use the specified configfile instead of the default. -u URL Add this URL to the list of documents to remove. Must be specified multiple times if more than one URL are to be removed. Should nor be used together with -. -v Verbose mode. This increases the verbosity of the program. Using more than 2 is probably only useful for debugging purposes. The default verbose mode (using only one -v) gives a nice progress report while digging. FILES
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf The default configuration file. SEE ALSO
Please refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdigconfig(8) , htdig(1) and htmerge(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Robert Ribnitz, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig. January 2004 htdig(1)