Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Attaching files in Mail with HP Unix Post 302081699 by Dhruva on Thursday 27th of July 2006 06:27:16 AM
Old 07-27-2006
Have you tried the script above posted by me i have checked this on outlook as well lotus notes.And got the attachment and body as expected.

can you paste your code let us see and check with your code...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you e-mail files as attachments from unix to windows?

Another question if you guys don't mind, if you do this: cat * |mailx -s xxxxx <email> it will send files to a email address displayed as sdout, is there a quick way to send files to a e-mail address but as a attachement? Say if I renamed files to .xls on unix, and sent them to a e-mail... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj78
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

attaching the file to mail

Hi, In my script, i am using tar to combine 2 files, so that i can attach it to the mail. everything is working fine and sending the mail successfully. But, when i save the file to desktop and unzip it. a series of directories are there and finally those tar files are there. i am using tar -cf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javeed7
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

excel drops leading zeros while attaching through unix

HEllo All, when the data file is being attached and mailed as file1.csv, the column data( e.g: 88E00, 99E00, 77F12, 66H18). The data 88E00 and 99E00 is being converted to 88E+01, 99E+01. All other data is fine. I need the file attached as .csv from unix only. Is there a way we can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSD
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in attaching CVS file to the mail

i wrote this code(( cat $REPORT_EMAIL;uuencode <$OUTFILE $OUTFILE ) | mailx -s "Auto Policy Attach Report Before batch job " $SUPPORT_EMAIL_GRP) in my shell script to attach afile but in the mail i donot get a attachment contais of the mail is Auto Policy Attach Report Before batch job... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

attaching file in mail command from shell script

Hi all, Currently in shell script i am using the following command to send mail echo "Certain assets are not loaded properly. PFA the result of the DataLoad" | mail -s "Weekly DataLoad - Failure Notification !!" $MAILINGLIST I need to attach a file along with that. How should i handle this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
7 Replies

7. Web Development

Attaching " Thank You " pop-up window in php form mail code

Dear Sir, I have got a php mail form code. Using this code, I want to use the JavaScript for " Thank You " pop-up window in the php form mail code. Where do I add the pop-up JavaScript for "thank you" ? My code is as follows: <?php //--------------------------Set these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attaching two text files in two different sheet in same excel

Hi, My requirement is to get attach two different text file contents to two different sheets in same excelsheet. Also, is there any way we can name the tabs as desired ? Kindly assist. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail not attaching the attachment when schedule in crontab

Hi , Iam want to send the mail with attachment , iam using below in my script uuencode /path/pathname/filename filename.csv | mailx -s "subject of mail" vinoth@xxx.com when i trigger the script manually from command prompt i can get with the attachment but when i schedule it in crontab... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
uuencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data					       uuencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uuencode - UU-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require uuencode ?1.1.4? ::uuencode::encode string ::uuencode::decode string ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the uuencode(1) and uudecode(1) commands. This encoding packs binary data into printable ASCII characters. ::uuencode::encode string returns the uuencoded data. This will encode all the data passed in even if this is longer than the uuencode maximum line length. If the number of input bytes is not a multiple of 3 then additional 0 bytes are added to pad the string. ::uuencode::decode string Decodes the given encoded data. This will return any padding characters as well and it is the callers responsibility to deal with handling the actual length of the encoded data. (see uuencode). ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) UUDecode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, mode value and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the uuencode or uudecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The uuencoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -mode octal The uuencoded data header line contains a suggested permissions bit pattern expressed as an octal string. To change the default of 0644 you can set this option. For instance, 0755 would be suitable for an executable. See chmod(1). EXAMPLES
% set d [uuencode::encode "Hello World!"] 2&5L;&\@5V]R;&0A % uuencode::uudecode $d Hello World! % set d [uuencode::uuencode -name hello.txt "Hello World"] begin 644 hello.txt +2&5L;&@5V]R;&0` ` end % uuencode::uudecode $d {hello.txt 644 {Hello World}} BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, uuencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.4 uuencode(n)