Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: usage of brackets for if
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers usage of brackets for if Post 302081693 by lakshmikanth on Thursday 27th of July 2006 05:27:12 AM
Old 07-27-2006
The below code works

if ! (( [ ${TIME_OF_DAY} = "MORNING" ] ) || ( [ ${TIME_OF_DAY} = "AFTERNOON" ]) || ([ ${TIME_OF_DAY} = "EVENING" ] ) || ( [ ${TIME_OF_DAY} = "NIGHT" ]))

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get value between brackets

Hi I am having hard time getting this right and need some help. I Have several log files, and everyone contains the following 3 lines at the end: 4 ETW000 Disconnected from database. 4 ETW000 End of Transport (0000). 4 ETW000 date&time: 13.01.2011 - 08:03:28 I need to capture the value... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the value in the first brackets

Hello, I am trying to write a script using ksh. And I want to get the value within the first brackets of a string. For example: 14/04/11 11:35: 00 This is (nn) from the earth. Then i hope to get nn in this case. Can any one advise me how to implement it? Thank you very much! nn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_n
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brackets

Hi all. i need a small help. i have written an exit code, which will check whether mo.sh is successful or not. if the status is >0 it will exit the shell. 1>Do you guys think it is a correct way to write? 2>what if i change the double bracket to single. how will it change the o/p. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sub
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3) 						 1						   PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)

php_strip_whitespace - Return source with stripped comments and whitespace

SYNOPSIS
string php_strip_whitespace (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Returns the PHP source code in $filename with PHP comments and whitespace removed. This may be useful for determining the amount of actual code in your scripts compared with the amount of comments. This is similar to using php -w from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the PHP file. RETURN VALUES
The stripped source code will be returned on success, or an empty string on failure. Note This function works as described as of PHP 5.0.1. Before this it would only return an empty string. For more information on this bug and its prior behavior, see bug report #29606. EXAMPLES
Example #1 php_strip_whitespace(3) example <?php // PHP comment here /* * Another PHP comment */ echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); // Newlines are considered whitespace, and are removed too: do_nothing(); ?> The above example will output: <?php echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); do_nothing(); ?> Notice the PHP comments are gone, as are the whitespace and newline after the first echo statement. PHP Documentation Group PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)