Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I stop printf output from going into seperate txt files Post 302081478 by chrchcol on Tuesday 25th of July 2006 03:05:33 PM
Old 07-25-2006
You are an absolute life saver! Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem "sort -k 16,29 sample.txt > output.txt"

Hi all, Iam trying to sort the contents of the file based on the position of the file. Example: $cat sample.txt 0101020060731 ## Header record 1c1 Berger Awc ANP20070201301 4000.50 1c2 Bose W G ANP20070201609 6000.70 1c2 Andy CK ANP20070201230 28000.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email like files in seperate emails

My goal is to send multiple files to a person based on their input. The files have similar names like: file1-egress-filter file2-ingress-filter stuff1-egress-filter stuff2-ingress-filter ... The script is run with the filename given as arguments, such as: ./mail.sh file stuff would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File into seperate files

Hi, So I have a text file which I want to separate into separate text files. I would use the split command but the problem here is that the text file is separated by delimiters. For example: blah blah blah ------ more text ----- and some more text So basically the first part should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing strings in seperate files

Hello, I am comparing files with for mismatches using fgrep but I've run into a problem. fgrep -vf $file1 $file2 > mismatches.dat file1 and file2 both contain file names on each line file1 has filenames which are up to 92 characters long and contain the "$" char. example file name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help please...output problems with printf.

#include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> // this function calculates the volume of a Cylinder int main(void) { int r; // radius int h; // height double M_PI; // pi int pOne = pow (r, 2); // get user input of radius and height printf ("Enter your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

6. Solaris

list files .txt and .TXT in one command

Dear experts, In a directory i have both *.TXT and *.txt files. I have a script- for file in `ls *.txt`; do mv $file /tmp/$file How to list both *.txt and*.TXT file in one command so that script will move both .txt or .TXT whatever it find. br//purple (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf Hexadecimal output

printf "%X\n" "A" 41 printf "%X\n" "2" 2 Expected 32 (not 2). Is there a "printf" which will output the hexadecimal value of a numeric character? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two txt files,mismatches will be in new txt files

Hi, Below are the sample data for txt files. txt file 1 Partnumber|catgroup_id 10001082|46016 10001093|4680 10001093|386003 10001093|463004 10003251|683 10003251|63005 10003252|463005 10003252|4683 10003260|463005 10003260|4683 10003264|4683 10003264|463005 13420000|67... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Talukdar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For loop for seperate files

For shell script. If I had two separate files, file.txt and file1.txt and each has just a list of names from the who command. How would I create an if loop to compare each name? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
XSetScreenSaver(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					     XSetScreenSaver(3X11)

NAME
XSetScreenSaver, XForceScreenSaver, XActivateScreenSaver, XResetScreenSaver, XGetScreenSaver - manipulate the screen saver SYNTAX
int XSetScreenSaver(Display *display, int timeout, int interval, int prefer_blanking, int allow_exposures); int XForceScreenSaver(Display *display, int mode); int XActivateScreenSaver(Display *display); int XResetScreenSaver(Display *display); int XGetScreenSaver(Display *display, int *timeout_return, int *interval_return, int *prefer_blanking_return, int *allow_exposures_return); ARGUMENTS
allow_exposures Specifies the screen save control values. You can pass DontAllowExposures, AllowExposures, or DefaultExposures. allow_exposures_return Returns the current screen save control value (DontAllowExposures, AllowExposures, or DefaultExposures). display Specifies the connection to the X server. interval Specifies the interval, in seconds, between screen saver alterations. interval_return Returns the interval between screen saver invocations. mode Specifies the mode that is to be applied. You can pass ScreenSaverActive or ScreenSaverReset. prefer_blanking Specifies how to enable screen blanking. You can pass DontPreferBlanking, PreferBlanking, or DefaultBlanking. prefer_blanking_return Returns the current screen blanking preference (DontPreferBlanking, PreferBlanking, or DefaultBlanking). timeout Specifies the timeout, in seconds, until the screen saver turns on. timeout_return Returns the timeout, in seconds, until the screen saver turns on. DESCRIPTION
Timeout and interval are specified in seconds. A timeout of 0 disables the screen saver (but an activated screen saver is not deacti- vated), and a timeout of -1 restores the default. Other negative values generate a BadValue error. If the timeout value is nonzero, XSetScreenSaver enables the screen saver. An interval of 0 disables the random-pattern motion. If no input from devices (keyboard, mouse, and so on) is generated for the specified number of timeout seconds once the screen saver is enabled, the screen saver is activated. For each screen, if blanking is preferred and the hardware supports video blanking, the screen simply goes blank. Otherwise, if either exposures are allowed or the screen can be regenerated without sending Expose events to clients, the screen is tiled with the root window background tile randomly re-origined each interval seconds. Otherwise, the screens' state do not change, and the screen saver is not acti- vated. The screen saver is deactivated, and all screen states are restored at the next keyboard or pointer input or at the next call to XForceScreenSaver with mode ScreenSaverReset. If the server-dependent screen saver method supports periodic change, the interval argument serves as a hint about how long the change period should be, and zero hints that no periodic change should be made. Examples of ways to change the screen include scrambling the col- ormap periodically, moving an icon image around the screen periodically, or tiling the screen with the root window background tile, ran- domly re-origined periodically. XSetScreenSaver can generate a BadValue error. If the specified mode is ScreenSaverActive and the screen saver currently is deactivated, XForceScreenSaver activates the screen saver even if the screen saver had been disabled with a timeout of zero. If the specified mode is ScreenSaverReset and the screen saver currently is enabled, XForceScreenSaver deactivates the screen saver if it was activated, and the activation timer is reset to its initial state (as if device input had been received). XForceScreenSaver can generate a BadValue error. The XActivateScreenSaver function activates the screen saver. The XResetScreenSaver function resets the screen saver. The XGetScreenSaver function gets the current screen saver values. DIAGNOSTICS
BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argu- ment, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface XFree86 Version 4.7.0 XSetScreenSaver(3X11)