Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity swordfish --- a password generator Post 302081396 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Tuesday 25th of July 2006 04:21:03 AM
Old 07-25-2006
need help. when i tried running the sworfish from the same folder that it is residing i could get the passwords working perfectly fine. However, when i tried running it from a different path by giving the absolute path i get the below mentioned warning message. i also tried running it through the shell scripts i tried a cd to the folder and then launched using the command ./swordfish.txt some times this works and some times it fails can some one help me understand why is it failing some times?

Quote:
../utl/swordfish.txt
* Warning: Entropy is zero! *
generating weak entropy...
scribe[108]: linecount=linecount+1: bad number
Starts = 1
Period = 9,194,221,792,649,674,751
Total Calls = 0

Carry = 0
X0 = 1099
X1 = 8139
X2 = 26893
X3 = 23965
Entropy = BC928C58A6531E5E95BCB2ECE62EFD56F1D74717
>>}###@>----

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Generator

I need a great Password Generator program. I looked at a few of them, but none of them seemed to be what I wanted. So I have decided to write my own. (That's the cool thing about being a programmer....I always get what I want in software :) ) Do you have any password generators that you... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date generator

Is there a command to generate the unix date that is in theshadow file?>? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time generator

Hi experts, I'd like to generate the table/file containing: number of milliseconds elapsed since midnight till midnight. It should contain 5 columns (hours minutes seconds milliseconds): Table will have theoretically 86 400 000 rows. My question is , is there somewhere the file or source... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Password generator with user inputs

Hi, I am new to bash scripting and i wanted to make a bash script that will generate a password for a user. The user must enter his/her name and the url of the site the password is used for. And the script will generate a password with those two elements in the password. So if the url is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kvr123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Password generator with 2 digits and 6 characters

I am using the below to random generate a password but I need to have 2 numeric characters and 6 alphabetic chars head /dev/urandom | tr -dc A-Za-z0-9 | head -c 8 ; echo '' 6USUvqRB ------ Post updated at 04:43 PM ------ Any Help folks - Can the output be passed onto a sed command to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
9 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
split(1)							   User Commands							  split(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [-linecount | -l linecount] [-a suffixlength] [file [name]] split [-b n | nk | nm] [-a suffixlength] [file [name]] DESCRIPTION
The split utility reads file and writes it in linecount-line pieces into a set of output-files. The name of the first output-file is name with aa appended, and so on lexicographically, up to zz (a maximum of 676 files). The maximum length of name is 2 characters less than the maximum filename length allowed by the filesystem. See statvfs(2). If no output name is given, x is used as the default (output-files will be called xaa, xab, and so forth). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -linecount | -l linecount Number of lines in each piece. Defaults to 1000 lines. -a suffixlength Uses suffixlength letters to form the suffix portion of the filenames of the split file. If -a is not specified, the default suffix length is 2. If the sum of the name operand and the suffixlength option-argument would create a filename exceeding NAME_MAX bytes, an error will result; split will exit with a diagnostic message and no files will be created. -b n Splits a file into pieces n bytes in size. -b nk Splits a file into pieces n*1024 bytes in size. -b nm Splits a file into pieces n*1048576 bytes in size. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file The path name of the ordinary file to be split. If no input file is given or file is -, the standard input will be used. name The prefix to be used for each of the files resulting from the split operation. If no name argument is given, x will be used as the prefix of the output files. The combined length of the basename of prefix and suffixlength cannot exceed NAME_MAX bytes. See OPTIONS. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of split when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of split: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csplit(1), statvfs(2), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Apr 1999 split(1)