Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help finding a BOS
Operating Systems AIX Help finding a BOS Post 302081381 by grial on Tuesday 25th of July 2006 02:48:06 AM
Old 07-25-2006
Helo. That fileset should be in the operating system CD's. That's why you do not find it on the ML. I do not know what is it, but do you really need it? Perhaps you don't. Run "oslevel -rl 5200-08" to check if you have all filesets needed to be on ML8. Are you installing from NIM?
Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can I download bos.adt.libm somewhere

I am compiling something on AIX 5.1 on RS6000. It turn out to need this fileset installed. I don't have any cd media in hand for the moment. Can I get it from the web? Thanks for any reply. BG (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrix01
4 Replies

2. AIX

NIM Server - bos.rte5.3.*

Trying to build a server off the NIM server and its complaining that my bos.rte.5.3.0.0 is a missing prerequisite. I have bos.rte.5.3.0.30 which is for AIX 5.3.3, my question is where can I find the bos.rte.5.3.0.0 ? Ive looked on my base AIX 5.3 software and cant find it. Any assistance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maurice-pacific
0 Replies

3. AIX

bos.adt.libm.5.1.0.0 needed

Could anyone help me to get bos.adt.libm.5.1.0.0 package for AIX system? Thanks a lot. progua gmai.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progua
3 Replies

4. AIX

About bos.rte v=4,r<2

I have check the fileset with in AIX 4.2 and I have found this error after I type in lppchk -v. Can anyone help me out with this problem ? I am new here. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fla22
1 Replies

5. AIX

calculate BOS file system

Hi All, How do you calculate the BOS filesystem on rootvg(/, /usr, /var, and /opt) and the BLV? So that I could calculate how much space I need on doing multibos. Any idea will be appreciated, thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

6. AIX

bos.rte missing or broken

Dear Members, Recently we migrate from AIX 5.2 to AIX 5.3, before migration system state was stable but after migration when I check system state with lppchk command it shows bos.rte v=5, r<3 file sets are missing but when I check bos.rte by lslpp command it is present and in committed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
11 Replies

7. AIX

what is BOS

what is BOS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyhu
3 Replies

8. AIX

Downgrade bos.rte.install ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1 TL2 SP4. bos.rte.install was upgraded to 6.1.4.1 by accident(commited). I'm trying to downgrade it. On my install DVD I found bos.rte.install_6.1.2.1.bff. So I'm trying to downgrade: # installp -acF -d/soft1 bos.rte.install 6.1.2.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

9. AIX

Question about bos.net

Hello everyone, I'm runnign a report and I have several "unowned" files under the /usr/lpp/bos.net directory. Can anyone explain what exactly is bos.net? I've googled it but all I see is"bos.net.tcp client" I would like to have e clear idea of what bos.net id. I'm seeing that those files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
2 Replies
quotaon(8)						      System Manager's Manual							quotaon(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff - turns quota enforcement on or off SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/quotaon [-guv] file_spec ... /usr/sbin/quotaon -a [-guv] /usr/sbin/quotaoff [-guv] file_spec ... /usr/sbin/quotaoff -a [-guv] PARAMETERS
Specifies one or more file systems. Specify any file system by entering its full path name or its mount point. The full path name is the name entered in the file-spec field of the file system's entry in the /etc/fstab file. The mount point is the name entered in the mnt_point field of the file system's entry in the /etc/fstab file. For UFS file systems, you can alternatively enter the name of a block device special file. For example: /dev/disk/dsk3c. For AdvFS filesets, you can alternatively enter the name of a file domain, a pound sign (#), and the name of the fileset. For exam- ple: root_domain#root. FLAGS
Turns on (with quotaon) or turns off (with quotaoff) quotas for all file systems identified in the /etc/fstab file as read/write with quo- tas. Turns on or off group quotas only. Turns on or off user quotas only. Prints a message for each file system whose quotas are turned on or off. DESCRIPTION
The quotaon and quotaoff commands enable or disable user and group quotas that have been established using the edquota command. To turn the quotas on or off, the file systems specified must have the userquota and groupquota entries in the /etc/fstab file and be mounted at the time. quotaon and quotaoff must be run by a user with superuser authority. These commands expect each file system to have quota files named quota.user and quota.group in the root directory of the file system. (These default file locations may be overridden in the /etc/fstab file.) By default, both user and group quotas are affected by the quotaon and quotaoff commands. Use the -g flag to specify only group quotas or the -u flag to specify only user quotas. NOTES
The term file system represents either a UFS file system or an AdvFS fileset. The quotaon and quotaoff commands are used to manage user and group quotas: they are not used to manage AdvFS fileset quotas. Use the chfsets command to set or clear fileset quotas. AdvFS always maintains user and group file and block usage in the quota files (quota.user and quota.group). User and group quota limit information displays with the showfsets command even if quota enforcement is turned off. When a file system is unmounted, user and group quotas are disabled. After a file system has been remounted, use the quotaon command to enable user and group quotas on the file system. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to run the quotaon and quotaoff commands. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the command path Contains user quotas for filesets Contains group quotas for filesets Contains file system names and locations RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: chfsets(8), showfsets(8), edquota(8), fsck(8), quota(1), quotacheck(8), repquota(8). Functions: quotactl(2). Files: fstab(4). delim off quotaon(8)