Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running scripts parallely
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running scripts parallely Post 302081167 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 23rd of July 2006 06:10:26 AM
Old 07-23-2006
Yes, I just gave an Oracle example.

Unless you have multiple cpus, you will have only one process executing at a time, in a round-robin kind of affair. In other words, process #1 runs for 20ms, then process #2 gets 20ms, then process #3... and so on.

What UNIX and how many cpus on the box you are running these processes on?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from home

I have created a Bourne shell script that helps with metric counting and it has to be run in a ClearCase view. It has been placed in a directory where if User A cd'd to it and runs it, a bunch of errors occur. Because this is a tool that several users would want access to and the program assumes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically Running Scripts

Can someone advise me how to get started automatically running scripts? I believe it has something to do with cron? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreydavisjr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts via su

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 2 scripts one after the other using cron

I would like to run two scripts using cron one immediately after the other. Is it enough to put them one after another in the cron file to run at the same time, or will this cause them to run concurrently? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3210
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help running scripts in 1 file.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Running different parts of the assignment together in 1 script 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: awk, nawk, bash, cp, cut, echo, expr, grep, join, mkdir, paste, rm, sort, sed, test, tr, true and false. 3. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from different server

Hi, I need a script (ksh) on ServerAdmin that will run an archive scripts from different several Servers through ssh. The problem is that how can i switch user when before running the archive script. I already configured password-less connection on the servers. server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies
CUBRID_EXECUTE(3)							 1							 CUBRID_EXECUTE(3)

cubrid_execute - Execute a prepared SQL statement

SYNOPSIS
resource cubrid_execute (resource $conn_identifier, string $sql, [int $option]) DESCRIPTION
bool cubrid_execute (resource $request_identifier, [int $option]) The cubrid_execute(3) function is used to execute the given SQL statement. It executes the query by using $conn_identifier and SQL, and then returns the request identifier created. It is used for simple execution of query, where the parameter binding is not needed. In addi- tion, the cubrid_execute(3) function is used to execute the prepared statement by means of cubrid_prepare(3) and cubrid_bind(3). At this time, you need to specify arguments of $request_identifier and $option. The $option is used to determine whether to get OID after query execution and whether to execute the query in synchronous or asynchronous mode. CUBRID_INCLUDE_OID and CUBRID_ASYNC (or CUBRID_EXEC_QUERY_ALL if you want to execute multiple SQL statements) can be specified by using a bitwise OR operator. If not specified, neither of them isselected. If the flag CUBRID_EXEC_QUERY_ALL is set, a synchronous mode (sync_mode) is used to retrieve query results, and in such cases the following rules are applied: oThe return value is the result of the first query. o If an error occurs in any query, the execution is processed as a failure. o In a query composed of q1 q2 q3, if an error occurs in q2 after q1 succeeds the execution, the result of q1 remains valid. That is, the previous successful query executions are not rolled back when an error occurs. o If a query is executed successfully, the result of the second query can be obtained using cubrid_next_result(3). If the first argument is $request_identifier to execute the cubrid_prepare(3) function, you can specify an option, CUBRID_ASYNC only. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier -Connection identifier. o $sql -SQL to be executed. o $option -Query execution option CUBRID_INCLUDE_OID, CUBRID_ASYNC, CUBRID_EXEC_QUERY_ALL. o $request_identifier -cubrid_prepare(3) identifier. RETURN VALUES
Request identifier, when process is successful and first param is conn_identifier; TRUE, when process is successful and first argument is request_identifier. FALSE, when process is unsuccessful. CHANGELOG
+--------+----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ | 8.4.0 | | | | | | | Add new option CUBRID_EXEC_QUERY_ALL. | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_execute(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33000, "demodb"); $result = cubrid_execute($conn, "SELECT code FROM event WHERE name='100m Butterfly' and gender='M'", CUBRID_ASYNC); $row = cubrid_fetch_array($result, CUBRID_ASSOC); $event_code = $row["code"]; cubrid_close_request($result); $history_req = cubrid_prepare($conn, "SELECT * FROM history WHERE event_code=?"); cubrid_bind($history_req, 1, $event_code, "number"); cubrid_execute($history_req); printf("%-20s %-9s %-10s %-5s ", "athlete", "host_year", "score", "unit"); while ($row = cubrid_fetch_array($history_req, CUBRID_ASSOC)) { printf("%-20s %-9s %-10s %-5s ", $row["athlete"], $row["host_year"], $row["score"], $row["unit"]); } cubrid_close_request($history_req); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: athlete host_year score unit Phelps Michael 2004 51.25 time SEE ALSO
cubrid_prepare(3), cubrid_bind(3), cubrid_next_result(3), cubrid_close_request(3), cubrid_commit(3), cubrid_rollback(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_EXECUTE(3)