Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming adv reqd on SIGCHLD on accept call Post 302081160 by stevenjagan on Sunday 23rd of July 2006 03:24:25 AM
Old 07-23-2006
Bug adv reqd on SIGCHLD on accept call

in trace file, am getting error msgs like this..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Server : accept error (4)
Server : SIGCHLD received
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

here (4) means EINTER .. right ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with SIGCHLD

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum. I have a program that has a child process that sleeps for 5 second and exit. I'm suppose to modify this program so that when the child exits, the parent reports the exit status of the child, so I also have to deal with SIGINT and SIGQUIT. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unlimited Sky
1 Replies

2. Programming

signal handler for SIGCHLD

Hi, I have an c++ application which uses the function fork and execvp(). The parent does not wait until the child ends. The parents just creates children and let them do their stuff. You can see the parent program as a batch-manager. I have added a SIGCHLD handler to the program: void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jens
3 Replies

3. Programming

When is SIGCHLD is raised.

Hi, I have 2 processes X and Y. Y is exec() from X. In Y i have an exit handler, which is called when i return from main. With in exit handler i delete and object which in turn calls the destructor of the object, which terminates all the threads of Y. I believe that SIGCHLD is raised by Y as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Help Reqd

Hi I am facing the problem where my HP Unix system date is in accordance with the current date but the logs written by the same is of previous time stamp. Eg. System Date - Thu Mar 15 18:00:04 IST 2007 Syslogs - Mar 15 12:30:10 mac@1 ftpd: FTP LOGIN FROM xx.xxx.xxx.xx , main The ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About SIGCHLD

When the SIGCHLD is sent? SIGCHLD is sent either a child exits spontaneously (e.g. exit(0)) or it is killed ? thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who sent the process SIGCHLD ?

I want to know whicj process send the signal SIGCHLD to the parent's child. Thank you in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puntino
1 Replies

7. Programming

SIGCHLD trace problem

Hello, I'd like to know whether it is possible to let the parent know who kills its child process. The case is likely as below: if there are four processes, we call them A, B, C and D. B is the child of A, and can be killed by both C and D. if B is killed, then A will receive SIGCHLD from B.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
7 Replies

8. Programming

gcc 4.3.2 accept sys call warrning incompatible pointer type

Hi all, this warning is driving me nuts. I use -pedantic with -Wall and -Werror so this needs to be fixed. BUILD: GNU-Linux-x86 Any ideas? struct sockaddr_in server_addr; int addr_len = sizeof (server_addr); fd = accept(link->socket_fd, (struct sockaddr_in *)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: personificator
2 Replies

9. Programming

SIGCHLD interrupts its own handler

Hi. I have a program whose job it is to manage 15 child processes. Sometimes these children die (sometimes deliberately other times with a SEGV). This causes a SIGCHLD to be sent to my program which uses waitpid() in the signal handler to gather information and, in most cases, restart the child.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrichemont
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using SIGCHLD

I'm testing out how to use SIGCHLD and I had a question about intercepting the signal and executing an action in the signal handler. signal(SIGCHLD,countdown); What I'm trying to achieve is be able to printf(Hello) every second that child is set to sleep. I'm setting sleep = 3; so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
1 Replies
accept(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                accept(1M)

NAME
accept, reject - accept or reject print requests SYNOPSIS
accept destination... reject [-r reason] destination... DESCRIPTION
accept allows the queueing of print requests for the named destinations. reject prevents queueing of print requests for the named destinations. Use lpstat -a to check if destinations are accepting or rejecting print requests. accept and reject must be run on the print server; they have no meaning to a client system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for reject: -r reason Assigns a reason for rejection of print requests for destination. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. reason is reported by lpstat -a. By default, reason is unknown reason for existing destinations, and new printer for destinations added to the system but not yet accepting requests. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. destination The name of the destination accepting or rejecting print requests. Destination specifies the name of a printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)). Specify destination using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled (see NOTES) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
accept and reject affect only queueing on the print server's spooling system. Requests made from a client system remain queued in the client system's queueing mechanism until they are cancelled or accepted by the print server's spooling system. accept is CSI-enabled except for the destination name. SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 1999 accept(1M)