Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming adv reqd on SIGCHLD on accept call Post 302081158 by stevenjagan on Sunday 23rd of July 2006 03:15:22 AM
Old 07-23-2006
adv reqd on SIGCHLD on accept call

yes ..
it is a sample part of my server code ..
if child gets killed abruptly then in my server (which is parent process)program, i am checking for EINTR.
but i wanted to check in detail where in my child process, this is happening.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with SIGCHLD

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum. I have a program that has a child process that sleeps for 5 second and exit. I'm suppose to modify this program so that when the child exits, the parent reports the exit status of the child, so I also have to deal with SIGINT and SIGQUIT. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unlimited Sky
1 Replies

2. Programming

signal handler for SIGCHLD

Hi, I have an c++ application which uses the function fork and execvp(). The parent does not wait until the child ends. The parents just creates children and let them do their stuff. You can see the parent program as a batch-manager. I have added a SIGCHLD handler to the program: void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jens
3 Replies

3. Programming

When is SIGCHLD is raised.

Hi, I have 2 processes X and Y. Y is exec() from X. In Y i have an exit handler, which is called when i return from main. With in exit handler i delete and object which in turn calls the destructor of the object, which terminates all the threads of Y. I believe that SIGCHLD is raised by Y as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Help Reqd

Hi I am facing the problem where my HP Unix system date is in accordance with the current date but the logs written by the same is of previous time stamp. Eg. System Date - Thu Mar 15 18:00:04 IST 2007 Syslogs - Mar 15 12:30:10 mac@1 ftpd: FTP LOGIN FROM xx.xxx.xxx.xx , main The ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About SIGCHLD

When the SIGCHLD is sent? SIGCHLD is sent either a child exits spontaneously (e.g. exit(0)) or it is killed ? thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who sent the process SIGCHLD ?

I want to know whicj process send the signal SIGCHLD to the parent's child. Thank you in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puntino
1 Replies

7. Programming

SIGCHLD trace problem

Hello, I'd like to know whether it is possible to let the parent know who kills its child process. The case is likely as below: if there are four processes, we call them A, B, C and D. B is the child of A, and can be killed by both C and D. if B is killed, then A will receive SIGCHLD from B.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
7 Replies

8. Programming

gcc 4.3.2 accept sys call warrning incompatible pointer type

Hi all, this warning is driving me nuts. I use -pedantic with -Wall and -Werror so this needs to be fixed. BUILD: GNU-Linux-x86 Any ideas? struct sockaddr_in server_addr; int addr_len = sizeof (server_addr); fd = accept(link->socket_fd, (struct sockaddr_in *)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: personificator
2 Replies

9. Programming

SIGCHLD interrupts its own handler

Hi. I have a program whose job it is to manage 15 child processes. Sometimes these children die (sometimes deliberately other times with a SEGV). This causes a SIGCHLD to be sent to my program which uses waitpid() in the signal handler to gather information and, in most cases, restart the child.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrichemont
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using SIGCHLD

I'm testing out how to use SIGCHLD and I had a question about intercepting the signal and executing an action in the signal handler. signal(SIGCHLD,countdown); What I'm trying to achieve is be able to printf(Hello) every second that child is set to sleep. I'm setting sleep = 3; so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
1 Replies
create child(1m)														  create child(1m)

NAME
create child - Creates a child pointer at the master replica of the parent directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp create child child-name clearinghouse clearinghouse-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the child pointer. The full name of a clearinghouse that contains a replica of the child directory. DESCRIPTION
The create child command creates a child pointer at the master replica of the parent directory. When CDS looks up a name in the namespace, it uses child pointers to locate directory replicas. Use the set cdscp preferred clearinghouse command before issuing this command to ensure that the request is directed to the master replica. Privilege Required You must have insert permission to the parent directory. NOTES
Use the create child command only to re-create a child pointer that is accidentally deleted. This command is designed only for trou- bleshooting. This command will fail if the associated directory does not exist. If the associated directory exists, this command will return success- fully. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command creates the child pointer in the parent directory /.:/subsys. It uses the replica located at the /.:/subsys/NY_CH clearinghouse to fill in its replica set. cdscp> create child /.:/subsys clearinghouse /.:/subsys/NY_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: delete child(1m), list child(1m), show child(1m) create child(1m)