Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help!!! Post 302081091 by mhssatya on Friday 21st of July 2006 11:41:16 PM
Old 07-22-2006
Reborg,

I will try in couple of hours. I really thank you for your great help man. It's all most late night and I will be away from my computer for some time. I will revert back once i run your wonderful script.

console.perms(5)					   System Administrator's Manual					  console.perms(5)

NAME
console.perms - permissions control file for users at the system console DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/console.perms determines the permissions that will be given to priviledged users of the console at login time, and the per- missions to which to revert when the users log out. It is read by the pam_console module. The format is: <class>=space-separated list of words login-regexp|<login-class> perm dev-glob|<dev-class> revert-mode revert-owner[.revert-group] The revert-mode, revert-owner, and revert-group fields are optional, and default to 0600, root, and root, respectively. The words in a class definition are evaluated as globs if they refer to files, but as regular expressions if they apply to a console defi- nition. Do not mix them. Any line can be broken and continued on the next line by using a character as the last character on the line. The login-class class and the login-regexp word are evaluated as regular expressions. The dev-class and the dev-glob word are evaluated as shell-style globs. If a name given corresponds to a directory, and if it is a mount point listed in /etc/fstab, the device node associated with the filesystem mounted at that point will be substituted in its place. Classes are denoted by being contained in < angle bracket > characters; a lack of < angle brackets > indicates that the string is to be taken literally as a login-regexp or a dev-glob, depending on its input position. SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) pam_console_apply(8) console.apps(5) AUTHOR
Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com> Red Hat Software 1999/2/3 console.perms(5)