Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX 11.0 fresh install: I never see CDE Login Post 302081070 by Ebbi on Friday 21st of July 2006 06:27:03 PM
Old 07-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikTheHAck
There's no way that IT is going to add this machine to our corp DNS server. Am I boned?
Should not be a problem. Just use sam in console/s-user mode to determine if

- hostname is set correctly
- DHCP client is enabled
- name resolution (nsswitch.conf) uses /etc/hosts first

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Root password for fresh 5.1 install on 43p-140?

I've installed AIX 5.1 on a 43p-140, but am unable to log in. At no point in the install did it ask me for a root password. When it boots to the console prompt, I enter "root" as a username, and then after 1 second it cycles right back to another root prompt. I am accessing the 43p-140... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Only LAN access after fresh install

Hello, For whatever reason, after installing Solaris 10 I can ping anything within my own LAN, including the router which is also set as the default gateway, but I have no internet connectivity with it. At first I thought this was a DNS issue, but I can't connect with external IP addresses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quadratic
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Fresh install of solaris 10 using an ISO

Hi all Im rebuilding an 6800 domain with solaris 10. Server is located in a different town and cant be bothered to drive down and install a dvd into its drive. So, apart from jumpstarting it and using a local DVD, is there a way I can an ISO image to build a new client ?? eg. mount an ISO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 fresh install halts

Installing Solaris 8 for the first time...on a SunBlade 100. I have original Solaris 8 CD's. About 45 minutes into the installation, the install halts with the following errors: ERROR: Could not open file /a/etc/vfstab ERROR: Could not create the file system mount table /etc/vfstab I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
4 Replies

6. AIX

ISCSI poor performance 1.5MB/s fresh install AIX7.1

Hi Everyone, I have been struggling for few days with iSCSI and thought I could get some help on the forum... fresh install of AIX7.1 TL4 on Power 710, The rootvg relies on 3 SAS disks in RAID 0, 32GB Memory The lpar Profile is using all of the managed system's resources. I have connected... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenchy59
11 Replies

7. Debian

Debian fresh install blinking cursor meaning?

Hello, I have downloaded and install debian in computer it is blinking cursor what this mean? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riteshkakkar
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies
NSS-SYSTEMD(8)							    nss-systemd 						    NSS-SYSTEMD(8)

NAME
nss-systemd, libnss_systemd.so.2 - Provide UNIX user and group name resolution for dynamic users and groups. SYNOPSIS
libnss_systemd.so.2 DESCRIPTION
nss-systemd is a plug-in module for the GNU Name Service Switch (NSS) functionality of the GNU C Library (glibc), providing UNIX user and group name resolution for dynamic users and groups allocated through the DynamicUser= option in systemd unit files. See systemd.exec(5) for details on this option. This module also ensures that the root and nobody users and groups (i.e. the users/groups with the UIDs/GIDs 0 and 65534) remain resolvable at all times, even if they aren't listed in /etc/passwd or /etc/group, or if these files are missing. To activate the NSS module, add "systemd" to the lines starting with "passwd:" and "group:" in /etc/nsswitch.conf. It is recommended to place "systemd" after the "files" or "compat" entry of the /etc/nsswitch.conf lines so that /etc/passwd and /etc/group based mappings take precedence. EXAMPLE
Here is an example /etc/nsswitch.conf file that enables nss-systemd correctly: passwd: compat mymachines systemd group: compat mymachines systemd shadow: compat hosts: files mymachines resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] dns myhostname networks: files protocols: db files services: db files ethers: db files rpc: db files netgroup: nis SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.exec(5), nss-resolve(8), nss-myhostname(8), nss-mymachines(8), nsswitch.conf(5), getent(1) systemd 237 NSS-SYSTEMD(8)