Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help!!! Post 302080833 by mhssatya on Thursday 20th of July 2006 05:36:58 PM
Old 07-20-2006
Reborg,

I am getting the same error as sravan is getting and also I need to do the processing for 30 files at the same time and write them to 30 new files if the count in each of them matches the record count in each of the files. I need to append _new to old file. For eg if the file names is

CARE01_DLY_MKT_YYYYMMDD then if the count matches to the data rows in the file then I need to write this to a new file with the only data rows with file name CARE01_DLY_MKT_YYYYMMDD _new.

This has to be repeated for all the 30 files in the directory. So how can I acheive this. Please help

suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)