Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help!!! Post 302080738 by dsravan on Thursday 20th of July 2006 09:56:47 AM
Old 07-20-2006
I was checking this for interest and I got an error similar to what mhssatya got.. Below is the error I got too.

syntax error The source line is 1.
The error context is
{data[NR] = $0; out= FILENAME "new"; file[NR]=out;} END { if ( NR - 2 == $1) { for ( i=2 ; i < NR; i++ ) { print data[i]} >>> > <<< file[i]; close(file[i])}else { print "error"} }
awk: The statement cannot be correctly parsed.
The source line is 1.

END(7)							  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT(7). PARAMETERS
WORK, TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK(7) to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT(7), which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN(7), COMMIT(7), ROLLBACK(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 END(7)