Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Screen doesn't reattach
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Screen doesn't reattach Post 302080528 by kharlog on Wednesday 19th of July 2006 12:00:57 PM
Old 07-19-2006
Screen doesn't reattach

delete this

Last edited by kharlog; 07-20-2006 at 12:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with screen

Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to send commands from one screen to another. For example i wish to send a simple "ls -all" from screen #1 to screen #2, can it be done, and how? :confused: Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurth
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

screen display help

Hello All, I have a file that is formatted like this 1234556 1234567 1234588 1123888 1999999 1010101 1919191 1919191.... for a total of 26000 + lines how do I get a script to read lets say 50 lines at a time and display the output to the screen in column format around 5 or 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to reattach a mirror?

OK, I upgraded to the latest version of Solaris 10. Perhaps 'upgrade' isn't the right term because I reinstalled the root/boot drive with Solaris 10. Prior to this I had 4 physical drives. The first two had "/" and "/usr", the other two had a /var/audit and /home. I initially booted from cdrom and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

O/P same as on screen

#Random Scripts 4 #Desc: clear echo "1. To see all processes currently running on the system" echo "2. To kill any given process" echo "Choose between the two" read x case $x in "1")print `ps aux`;; "2") echo "Choose a process to be killed" read y check=`ps ax | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: targetshell
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
delete(n)                                                           [incr Tcl]                                                           delete(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
itcl::delete option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: itcl::delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)