Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: combine two vg spaces
Operating Systems AIX combine two vg spaces Post 302080511 by cchiang12 on Wednesday 19th of July 2006 09:37:22 AM
Old 07-19-2006
combine two vg spaces

Hello,
I'm a newbie on this AIX/Unix.
I'm trying to combine the space of /testing1/ to /testing2/, so that /testing2/ may have more space.
How do I accomplish this?
I guess I have to unmount /testing1/ from /apple26lv first...
but after that I'm not sure how this can be accomplished?

/dev/apple26lv 2097152 /testing1/
/dev/apple27lv 52428804 /testing2/

Any advise are helpful.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine commands

Hi, i tried to combine grep with find and it didnt work grep 'find dirname filename" i also would like that the file will be sorted in the way. thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoiler
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine

Hi I am having text file like this 001|ramu|hno221|>< sheshadripuram|delhi|560061>< 002|krishna|hno225|>< newdelhimain|delhi|560061>< i want to combine every two lines as single...line... i.e 001|ramu|hno221|sheshadripuram|delhi|560061 can u pls help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine

Dear all i am having text file like xxx|yyy|1|2| zzz|rrr|3|4| www|xxx|>< 5|6|>< jjj|kkk|>< 8|9>< i want to join two lines which are having ' >< ' by taking only two lines at a stretch ...using awk command the result output should be xxx|yyy|1|2| zzz|rrr|3|4| www|xxx|5|6|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine awk and tr -d

Hi Everyone, awk 'BEGIN{print strftime("%c",1272814948)}' | tr -d '\n' how to change tr -d '\n' to be part of the awk? means awk this pchoh time, and awk also remove '\n', instead of using "|" to combine "tr" command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Columns

Input NJ090237_0263_GRP,NJ090237_0263_VIEW,NJ090237_0263_PSGRP,NJ090237_0263_GOLD_CSGRP,06E:0_08E:0_09E:0_11E:0,0CE5 NJ090237_0264_GRP,NJ090237_0263_VIEW,NJ090237_0264_PSGRP,NJ090237_0263_GOLD_CSGRP,06E:0_08E:0_09E:0_11E:0,0CE5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can I combine below mentioned grep commands using OR (when searching strings having spaces)

Command 1: $script | grep 'Write to ECC( SSID=MARGIN)' Command 2: $script | grep 'is not greater than existing logical processing' The above commands run my script and search the mentioned strings but I do not want to run my script twice. It is increasing run time. Can someone tell me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Combine two arrays. for in for ?..

Hello all, I have 2 very long list of elements. f.e.: List 1 1 2 3 4 5 List 2 a b c How can I combine the two with other. Like this: 1 a 1 b 1 c 2 a 2 b 2 c 3 a etc. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrAibo
21 Replies
volrmmount(1)							   User Commands						     volrmmount(1)

NAME
volrmmount - call rmmount to mount or unmount media SYNOPSIS
volrmmount [-i | -e] [name | nickname] volrmmount [-d] DESCRIPTION
The volrmmount utility calls rmmount(1M) to, in effect, simulate an insertion (-i) or an ejection (-e). Simulating an insertion often means that rmmount will mount the media. Conversely, simulating an ejection often means that rmmount will unmount the media. However, these actions can vary depending on the rmmount configuration and media type (see rmmount.conf(4)). For example, if you use the default /etc/rmmount.conf and insert a music CD, it will not be mounted. However, you can configure rmmount so that it calls workman whenever a music CD is inserted. This command allows you to override Volume Management's usual handling of media (see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i Simulates an insertion of the specified media by calling rmmount. -e Simulates an ejection of the specified media by calling rmmount. -d Displays the name of the default device for volrmmount to handle. This device is used if no name or nickname is supplied. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: name The name that Volume Management recognizes as the device's name. See volfs(7FS). nickname A shortened version of the device's name. Following is the list of recognized nicknames: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Nickname | Path | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd0 |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cdrom0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |zip0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |jaz0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rmdisk0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the volrmmount command When Volume Management finds a floppy that contains a filesystem, it calls rmmount to mount it. If you wish to run tar(1) or cpio(1) on that floppy, it must first be unmounted. To unmount the floppy use: example% volrmmount -e floppy0 After volrmmount unmounts the floppy, if you wish to re-mount it (rather than ejecting it and reinserting it) use: example% volrmmount -i floppy0 Notice that if you are using a named floppy, you can use its name in place of floppy0. FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), eject(1), tar(1), rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) NOTES
Volume Management (vold) must be running to use this command. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2000 volrmmount(1)