Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix/Linux security
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix/Linux security Post 302080466 by zazzybob on Tuesday 18th of July 2006 11:02:49 PM
Old 07-19-2006
Also; you might want to check out the guides available on

http://www.cisecurity.org

Cheers
ZB

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris vs Linux Security

have a look: http://www.softpanorama.org/Solaris/Whitepaper/index.shtml#Executive_Summary gP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Linux Security help..! Thanks

I am newer to Linux/Unix/RedHat etc... I run a Linux root server with some 55 domain names, about 3 months ago the server was exploited. I need some good advice as far as Firewell's go and getting everything up and running. It was a pain in my *** and cost a lot of time and money.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denveraccess
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux security patches

Hi all, :) I'm quite new with installation of security patches in Linux Redhat Enterprise, here's my question. I have 2 machine of this RHEL(never patch before) since it never connects directly to the internet(block by firewall) and I want to update the patches now because my boss asked me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flekzout
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Linux kernel Security

Hey Folks, What are the ways we can provide security to kernels. How can I make my Kernel Unique and not allow anyone to replace my Unique kernel with a standard one. How can i implement measures to avoid any user to replace or modify GRUB and Kernel...? Need help on this Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
8 Replies

5. Solaris

equivalent of linux /etc/security/limits

Hi, I would like to know, how can I set limits (noproc,fsize,core, data...) to users in solaris, i.e. I want solaris counterpart/equivalent of linux /etc/security/limits.conf Thanks!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiekurt
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Two Factor Authentication – Best for the UNIX/Linux Server Security

The UNIX/Linux server security is challenging because these servers are at a risk of getting compromised at any point of time by the attackers. In today's enterprise environment, the UNIX and Linux servers are growing popular. With their increased popularity, these servers have become the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reve-secure
1 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)