Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX 11.0 fresh install: I never see CDE Login Post 302080463 by ErikTheHAck on Tuesday 18th of July 2006 09:04:24 PM
Old 07-18-2006
Question 11.0 fresh install: I never see CDE Login

I've just completed a fresh install of HP-UX 11.0 on my 712/80 and everything starts up fine until it gets to the point where X kicks off and I believe at this point is supposed to launch into the CDE login.

It just sits there on the blank X screen with the X cursor for a minute or so then BEEPS and then drops to the text terminal output where it says

=====================================
Starting Desktop login on Bishop Display:0

then cycles back to X and beeps again after a bit and adds

Resuming Desktop login

then cycles back to X and beeps again after a bit and adds

Suspending desktop login

Press [Enter] to login to console

Desktop login will resume later after logout

Over and over and over...

NOTE: the text above is not exact but close enough

Anyone else see and know how to get past this issue?

Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Root password for fresh 5.1 install on 43p-140?

I've installed AIX 5.1 on a 43p-140, but am unable to log in. At no point in the install did it ask me for a root password. When it boots to the console prompt, I enter "root" as a username, and then after 1 second it cycles right back to another root prompt. I am accessing the 43p-140... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Only LAN access after fresh install

Hello, For whatever reason, after installing Solaris 10 I can ping anything within my own LAN, including the router which is also set as the default gateway, but I have no internet connectivity with it. At first I thought this was a DNS issue, but I can't connect with external IP addresses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quadratic
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Fresh install of solaris 10 using an ISO

Hi all Im rebuilding an 6800 domain with solaris 10. Server is located in a different town and cant be bothered to drive down and install a dvd into its drive. So, apart from jumpstarting it and using a local DVD, is there a way I can an ISO image to build a new client ?? eg. mount an ISO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 fresh install halts

Installing Solaris 8 for the first time...on a SunBlade 100. I have original Solaris 8 CD's. About 45 minutes into the installation, the install halts with the following errors: ERROR: Could not open file /a/etc/vfstab ERROR: Could not create the file system mount table /etc/vfstab I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
4 Replies

6. AIX

ISCSI poor performance 1.5MB/s fresh install AIX7.1

Hi Everyone, I have been struggling for few days with iSCSI and thought I could get some help on the forum... fresh install of AIX7.1 TL4 on Power 710, The rootvg relies on 3 SAS disks in RAID 0, 32GB Memory The lpar Profile is using all of the managed system's resources. I have connected... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenchy59
11 Replies

7. Debian

Debian fresh install blinking cursor meaning?

Hello, I have downloaded and install debian in computer it is blinking cursor what this mean? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riteshkakkar
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies
DtInfoLib(file format)													    DtInfoLib(file format)

NAME
DtInfoLib -- collection of book cases for browsing with dtinfo SYNOPSIS
DtInfo_LoadInfoLib Criteria: DATA_ATTRIBUTES_NAME: DtInfoLib NAME_PATTERN: ?*.dti* CONTENT: 0 filename .oli MODE: d|l LINK_NAME: ?*.dti* Attributes: TYPE_LABEL: DtInfoLib DESCRIPTION: On-line documentation for the Information Manager. ICON: Dtinlib PROPERTIES: NULL ACTIONS: Open IS_TEXT: false (could be true for criteria 2 match) INSTANCE_ICON Field: [available for publisher-supplied or user's infolib icon] DESCRIPTION
DtInfoLib is a desktop object representing a collection of book cases of documents that can be accessed through the CDE Information Man- ager. DtInfoLib data criteria and data attributes are identified for use by desktop facilities. These are part of the CDE built-in data types. DtInfoLib is a directory that contains the collection of book cases available for a given information library. The contents of the DtIn- foLib directory are not visible to the end-user through the desktop. The DtInfoLib object can be launched directly by double-clicking on the associated icon or by dragging the icon on to the Information Manager icon in the File Manager or on the Front Panel. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If defined, the environment variable DTINFOLIBSEARCHPATH may be used to find the default infolib (or infolibs) for the system. If provided, the dtinfo command line argument given with the -l option overrides the environment. If none of the other path mechanisms are used, the browser uses the standard CDE path. ACTIONS
/MESSAGES Double-clicking on the DtInfoLib object, or selecting Open from the objects select menu invokes the Open action on the object. FILES
The default location for the desktop on line documentation library is /usr/dt/infolib/%L. SEE ALSO
dtinfo(1), dtinfogen(1), dtinfoBook.dtd - dtinfoBookdtd(5), DtMmdbBookCaseGetInfo(3), DtMmdbInfoLibInfo(5) DtInfoLib(file format)