Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mac id
Operating Systems Solaris mac id Post 302080203 by ssasiprabu on Monday 17th of July 2006 06:39:24 AM
Old 07-17-2006
mac id

i want to know how to find the terminal or lst which is having the a particular mac id
my system cannot be connected from remote area in syslog it gives the mac add which is having a clash with my server ip , in my network there are more than 200 pc's and lts so i cant able to check physicaly . tell me how to trace the terminal with a particular macid

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

Let's get a .mac top level domain! As in www.xyz.mac

ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, is inviting proposals for new sponsored top level domains. This may be wishful thinking, but isn't that a chance to push for a .mac top level domain (TLD)? I for one would VASTLY like the idea of having a domain of something.mac --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
0 Replies
MAC_IS_PRESENT(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 MAC_IS_PRESENT(3)

NAME
mac_is_present -- report whether the running system has MAC support LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mac.h> int mac_is_present(const char *policyname); DESCRIPTION
The mac_is_present() function determines whether the currently-running kernel supports MAC for a given policy or not. If policyname is non-NULL, the presence of the named policy (e.g. ``biba'', ``mls'', ``te'') is checked, otherwise the presence of any MAC policies at all is checked. RETURN VALUES
If the system supports the given MAC policy, the value 1 is returned. If the specified MAC policy is not supported, the value 0 is returned. If an error occurs, the value -1 is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] The value of policyname is not valid. [ENOMEM] Insufficient memory was available to allocate internal storage. SEE ALSO
mac(3), mac_free(3), mac_get(3), mac_prepare(3), mac_set(3), mac_text(3), mac(4), mac(9) HISTORY
Support for Mandatory Access Control was introduced in FreeBSD 5.0 as part of the TrustedBSD Project. BSD
July 7, 2006 BSD