Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recognizing *.* in find
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting recognizing *.* in find Post 302080157 by tayyabq8 on Monday 17th of July 2006 01:05:44 AM
Old 07-17-2006
Have a look at this . Pls perform search before posting your question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing * character

i have a short script that takes a filename and secure copies the file to a remote machine. i'd like to be able to take a * character and secure copy all the files in the directory. first of all, how would i compare $1 to see if it's a * character? if or didn't do it. second question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
3 Replies

2. Linux

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recognizing an argument in csh

I will be passing an argument to a csh script The script can be either of two forms For example, either script.csh zloc=5/10 or script.csh zloc=5/10/20 So there can be either two values or three values. How can I distinguish which one the user has inputted? I have made... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex not recognizing curly braces

Must be a bug or something. Whether I escape them or not, it will not work. No matter what I set the minimum and maximum to nothing gets caught. For instance: find / -regex "/.{0, 50}.*" -maxdepth 1 or find / -regex "/.\{0, 50\}.*" -maxdepth 1 should pretty much catch everything residing within... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 not recognizing CDROM drive

Hello, I've read many posts that offer tips on how to mount a CDROM but I haven't seen any on how to get the system to recognize the CDROM drive. I was transferring files from CDROM to the hard drive successfully. I entered the third CDROM and the system refused to automount it. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrueSon
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

VMBox not Recognizing eth0 on RH.

Hello, I re-installed my laptop and installed a new copy of VMBOX, I created a VM Machine with my Rhel5 and a CEntos copy as well. I am using a laptop HP DV4, I use wireless on the laptop. Usually when I boot up in to either machine I would get eht0 and lo as usual now I just don't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash not recognizing cluster commands

hi folks, please help me with this, my bash script is not recognizing veritas cluster commands, giving error such as "bash: hastatus: command not found". the piece of code is ssh -p 22022 test02 'hastatus -sum |grep j2ee|grep -i online' > /tmp/j2ee.log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsharma29
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recognizing storage from server

Hi, I need to know what are the storages attached to some of our corporate servers. I run this command from the server only to get a list of WWNs : # /usr/local/bin/evainfo -a Devicefile Array WWNN Capacity ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script program is not recognizing the -w

Sorry I put -r I ment to out -w but its not perform none of -w, -r, -x flags Using centos 6.4 #!/bin/bash echo -e "enter the name of file :\c" read file_name if then if then echo "Type some text date. Tp quit press crtl-" cat >> $file_name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
2 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)