Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris 9: How to set time/Synchronize Post 302080116 by smanish_78 on Sunday 16th of July 2006 12:06:12 PM
Old 07-16-2006
Time Zone Problem

hi
I am having some problem with TimeZone, I an using two timezone but the response from both the timezone is difrerent.
In Belgium time zone the response is OK but in IST i am getting the response with one day before
Can any one help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set a variable that changes every time?

Do not know how to do this, any help would be appreciated: I have a file that comes in called xxxx.txt. I have a script that does some messing around with the file. The file needs to go out as PAB108XXXX.csv The four x's above will be a number that changes everytime the script is ran e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to set a time limit for a script

Hello Folks, I have been asked to write a test script which can be run by students. the script should have a time limit. I have almost completed it except the bit of timing! I've seen something like this: on_timeout() { echo "$USER $score " >> theresult.txt echo "Time out!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SultanKSA
2 Replies

3. AIX

Synchronize time on several AIX servers ?

Hi, I want to synchronize time on several AIX servers - I don't want to set very precise time value, but I want all the servers to have same time value. How do I do that ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set save daylight time

Hi everybody... I am using IBM unix server . Server take time options from satellite but server is not include true setting . What can I do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deox
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert date time to epoch time in solaris

Hi, Is there any easy way to convert date time(stored in shell variable ) to epoch time in solaris box? As +%s is working on linux but not on solaris, also -d option is not working. Any suggestion please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i set time in 24 hour format?

Currently whenever i run date command output is shown like Mon Apr 12 05:17:21 IST 2010 When its 17:17 Here. How would i change it so that it should show. Mon Apr 12 17:17:21 IST 2010 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set crontab for different Time Zone

Hi, I want to set cron job for different time zone from my machine. So here is what I did to set it. I am having a file cronfile, which I use to set cron jobs by using Crontab cronfile Now in cronfile I set TZ variable as Set TZ=Asia/Calcutta But now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Synchronize pictures & resize at the same time

Hi, I"m trying to achieve the following: I have a NAS which holds all my pictures, and have it mounted on my xbmc as a network share. I want to automatically synchronize my pictures (NAS -> xbmc, one direction). But, during the synchronization I want to resize the pictures to make them... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeba
7 Replies

9. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time out set in perl script

Hi, I am preparing a perl script, which will run some commads on remote Linux servers. I have a file contains all the servers names one by one like below vi servers.txt srv1 srv2 srv3 Now, I need to prepare a perl script to ssh (or)rsh to each server in the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies
PMWHICHZONE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    PMWHICHZONE(3)

NAME
pmWhichZone - return current reporting timezone C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> int pmWhichZone(char **tz); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
The current reporting timezone effects the timezone used by pmCtime(3) and pmLocaltime(3). pmWhichZone returns the handle of the current timezone, as previously established by a call to pmNewZone(3) or pmNewContextZone(3). If the call is successful (i.e. there exists a current reporting timezone) then a non-negative integer is returned and tz is set to point to a static buffer containing the timezone string itself. SEE ALSO
PMAPI(3), pmCtime(3), pmLocaltime(3), pmNewContextZone(3), pmNewZone(3) and pmUseZone(3). DIAGNOSTICS
A return value less than zero indicates there is no current reporting timezone. Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMWHICHZONE(3)