Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell cycle
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell cycle Post 302079854 by mape on Thursday 13th of July 2006 09:01:04 AM
Old 07-13-2006
shell cycle

Hello

I got a cycle in the script which open another scripts.

if [ 1 -lt 3 ]
then
action
fi

Scripts action will be running 2 times at the same time.
Inside of action() is insert into the table.
But what I want is that only first script can do insert into table.

So how to do it?

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stopping a command during the cycle

Hi, Two things really: 1) can you input a code to pause a program until a key is pressed? 2) can you stop a command during a cycle? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

For cycle

Hello, I have files in a dir. I what to create a FOR cycle that will do this FOR <condition> do file=`ls <directory> | tail -1` echo $file mv -f $file <another dir> done What I want to now is what should I put in the <condition>. The condition I want is that the FOR will execute... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard in a if cycle

hello everybody, I need help on putting a wildcard match inside an if condition (I'm using korn shell): if ] then echo ' ' echo ''$MYSEL' is not a correct option' echo ' ' else ..... i tried also #if -ne "``" and a lot of combinations of `"' but I didn't find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elionba82
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for cycle

Hello, I have a question: is there a way to have a "for" cycle done a certain number of times. For example in c++ I can do this: for (i=o;i<10;i++) and the cycle will be repeated 10 times. in UNIX for example I do this: for i in `cat /etc/host` do done and the cycle will be repeated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for cycle question

i have a question how to modify below script to generate the expect result below : test.sh #!/bin/bash for ((i=0; i < 25; i++)) do echo $1$i done current result: test.sh 20090101 200901010 200901011 200901012 200901013 200901014 200901015 200901016 200901017 200901018 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleach8578
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cycle for with for-then-else

Hi, i would like to insert a if-then-else function in to cycle for -------------- cat test -------------- # cat test ALFA BETA GAMMA ----------------------- This is my script: #!/bin/bash for i in $(cat test); if ; then echo "ok" else (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For cycle, process order

Hello, I am running a script under ubuntu 16.04 I have no problem with the script. My question is general algorithm of for file command. I just need to know how for file in *.txt process works. Let's say, I wish to run the script by sorting filename: for file in *.txt do "do something in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
XtCallActionProc()														XtCallActionProc()

Name
  XtCallActionProc - explicitly invoke a named action procedure.

Synopsis
  void XtCallActionProc(widget, action, event, params, num_params)
	   Widget widget;
	   String action;
	   XEvent *event;
	   String *params;
	   Cardinal num_params;

Inputs
  widget    Specifies the widget in which the action is to be invoked; must be of class Core or any subclass thereof.

action    Specifies the name of the action routine.

event     Specifies the event to pass to the action procedure.

params    Specifies parameters to pass to the action procedure.

num_params
	    Specifies the number of elements in the params array.

Description
  XtCallActionProc()  looks  up the action procedure named action and invokes it, passing widget, event, params, and num_params as arguments.
  Before calling the named action, XtCallActionProc() invokes any action hook procedures that have been registered with XtAppAddActionHook().

It is the responsibility of the caller to ensure that the contents of the event, params, and num_params arguments are appropriate  for  the
  specified  action routine and, if necessary, that the specified widget is realized and/or sensitive.	If the named action routine cannot be
  found, XtCallActionProc() generates a warning message and returns.

When searching for the action procedure, XtCallActionProc() looks in the following places:

o  The widget's class and all superclass action tables, in subclass-to-superclass order.

o  The parent's class and all superclass action tables, in subclass-to-superclass order, then on up the ancestor tree.

o  The action tables registered with XtAppAddActions() and XtAddActions() from the most recently added table to the oldest table.

See Also
  XtAppAddActionHook(1), XtRemoveActionHook(1),
  XtActionHookProc(2).

Xt - Translations and Actions													XtCallActionProc()